Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting two different stories about sleep data for the Flex?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit caused a catastrophic loss of useful sleep data from the Flex. I have mutually exclusive information from my emails to customer service and what's been showing up from the moderator. (Yet another thread about the removed sleep data has been closed, which is why I'm starting a new one about this contradiction.)

From the moderator on April 13/17: "The recent changes to the website sleep page were intended to bring it into parity with the mobile app. With the above additions, you’ll now find identical information across these platforms: (picture of graphs) The one exception is a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph, which appears in our mobile apps but not the website. Our team is committed to bringing this function to the website sleep page later this year, with the goal of maintaining a consistent interface across all platforms." (emphasis mine)

From 'the Fitbit Team' on April 19/17: "...we'd like to share with you that currently we're not able to return the old online dashboard for sleep, however, your feedback will be deliver to our product development team, so they can know the acceptation of the dashboard and determine a course of action." (emphasis mine)

I've been in touch with the 'Fitbit Team' since April 5, and was directed by them to check out the forums to express what I think of Fitbit's choice to remove the very functions that led me to purchase a Fitbit. As far as I can see, thousands of people have complained on the forums (threads keep getting shut down), or watched with interest to see what would happen.

The information from the moderator would lead us to believe that our complaints have been heard and the development team is hard at work figuring out a way to return that which has been taken from us.

The information from the 'Fitbit Team' would lead me to believe that they have no intention of ever giving us back the time stamps across the sleep graph. (Because surely by now they must have an awfully good idea what the "...acceptation of the dashboard..." is.)

These two things can't both be true. Sadly, I'm pretty sure which one I believe.

When I got my Flex a few months ago, I was so pleased with the sleep data that I told many people about it. Can't remember who, exactly, though. So now I'm left to tell every single person I know how Fitbit took away the very thing I paid all that money for, and that they should never buy a Fitbit. I'd feel terrible if someone went out and bought one based on my earlier recommendation.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Trillian42 Those statements are both true, and don't appear to be contradictory. As you were told in your case, we aren't planning to revert the sleep page to its previous format. And as I mentioned in this thread, the team is currently developing a hover functionality which will display timestamps in the new graph.

I think I've covered this pretty well in that thread, so I'd suggest reading my posts there or sending me a PM if you have additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes