Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why bother logging activities?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I go to my fitbit and tell it I'm doing some elliptical or some treadmill and when I'm done I tap fitbit to tell it I'm finished and it shows on my dashboard I've used 500 or 600 calories.

That's great, but today I went shopping for nearly a couple of hours and so before setting off I tapped fitbit to tell it I was doing a workout. When I finished shopping and got home fitbit showed I had used more than 1,500 calories just to do my shopping!!!

And so why bother with activities? What's the point of telling fitbit you're swimming or spinning or on the treadmill?

I mean, why not just leave fitbit set on the workout activity for all the time you are wearing it and that way you get a full calorie used report.

So put your fitbit on, set it to workout, and off you go with your day, working, shopping, cooking dinner, washing the laundry, etc. It's all a workout, isn't it? And so why bother telling fitbit otherwise, even if you go to the gym in the evening?

Just leave fitbit on workout all the time then even when you're driving to the gym and getting changed you're recording the true energy you used not just that you've recorded doing a so-called official activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Crutchbender   Interesting thought.  There are two things that come in to my head.  First, for some Fitbit models, the exercise app must be in the foreground.  You can't go to any other screen.  Second, it will use up a lot of battery.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Crutchbender   Interesting thought.  There are two things that come in to my head.  First, for some Fitbit models, the exercise app must be in the foreground.  You can't go to any other screen.  Second, it will use up a lot of battery.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes