Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a food list for new zealand

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Would like to see a food list for new Zealand as an option lol
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Lithial It's a great suggestion! someone already requested it here if you would like to vote for it would be awesome because this ideas and suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

P.S. Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@Lithial It's a great suggestion! someone already requested it here if you would like to vote for it would be awesome because this ideas and suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

P.S. Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Best Answer

New Zealand Food

Best Answer

I am struggling with the food log.  Apart from the list being from a different country I seem to be unable to add my own foods to the list and in Australia the foods are listed with a kilojoule value.   The result is that I am not using the food log at all and unfortunately I believe the fitbit in general is not very user friendly.

I would love to have some help with (a) an Australian system of food log and (b) the ability to add or delete foods as required.

Best Answer

No problem adding your own food in the Dashboard. Take a look below

17. april 2015 000756 CEST.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jorang Thank you so much for the input.Smiley Happy

@Pamayla I'll be happy to answer your inquiry. Yes, you're able to change your Food Database to Australia and it will be easier to log your food, to do so: Go to your Dashboard > click on settings > scroll down and you'll see Prefrences> Australia. 

Also, I've noticed that people link Fitbit with MyFitnessPal and there you'll have the option to change that to calories and kilojoules value. You can check  to know how to log food in the Dashboard. 

Here's a post where you can learn how to delete a food item.  

Hope this helps Robot Happy

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbitThis is seriuously obnoxious. This is about a NEW ZEALAND food list and you link to an AUSTRALIAN one. I find that really offensive, New Zealand and Australia are totally different countries with totally differen brands and foods. It's like you asking for a USA food list and me telling you to use the Canadian one....

Best Answer

@Sentient It's great to have you here! I want to offer you an apology for that. It seems that I accidentally hyperlink the Australian database when it should be New Zeland here.  

I totally understand your point because we're talking about two different countries, I already edited my post. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Best Answer

If MyFitnessPal can have a food list which shows New Zealand foods why can't Fitbit?.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works fine but only shows a summary on Fitbit and there does not seem a way of editing the name. Has anyone found a way?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Ly69! Currently, food that comes from MFP will only show as a summary in Fitbit and you won't be able to edit it. However, Fitbit is always trying to improve its website that's why we have the Feature Suggestion board where you can vote for this idea Food Database for New Zealand

Thank you for voting! 

Best Answer

Doesnt really have a lot of NZ foods though

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s laborious BS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

NONE of our foods or brands are in its bs and laborious even for universal foods like sour cream, well known GF bread brands etc. come on FitBit raise your game!!!!!! 

Best Answer