Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calories I have definitely not eaten for past weeks and months

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my fitbit Charge 2 for 3 days and have started inputting custom calories. But now my fitbit is showing calories I have definitely not eaten for past weeks and months! before I even had it!!!!

Also ....i wanted to input foods ahead of time as your site suggested but it wont allow me to store it without logging it to a specific date?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'm not sure how you would log a meal that you don't play on earing. ::

Best Answer
0 Votes

New user? Yay! Welcome to our great community @getagripgirl! I'm a bit confused as my friend @Rich_Laue is... would you mind confirming if the calories you're seeing on your Dashboard for previous months are always the same amount?

If they are, let me say that when you create a Fitbit account, the website uses your physical data (weight, height etc) to calculate your BMR calories.These are the minimum calories you'd need to burn every day to stay alive. It then populates your profile with this calorie burn back for six months or so to give you a sensible baseline against which to compare your future calorie burn once your tracker starts tracking your exercise and adding exercise calories to your BMR calories.

The short answer is that what you're seeing is correct behavior and the calorie counts re individualized to you.

However, if this didn't answer your inquiry, please give us more details so we can help in a better way. Smiley Wink Catch you later!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes