Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you remove food plan from the log?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

so, i decided to play around with the food plan option the other day, and set one up on the food log.  problem is, the more i think about it, the less convinced i am that the calories are being counted correctly (that's a whole different issue, though).  

i have not been able to find a way to remove the food plan, only to modify it.  is there a way to delete or turn it off?  thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There is no way to disable it. Just ignore that tab

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

There is no way to disable it. Just ignore that tab

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, phooey.  wish i'd known that before i started fiddling around with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you can turn it off, but it has to be done in the web version

1. Go to the food tab. 
  2. In the Food Plan panel, use the right arrow to scroll to Plan Summary.
  3. Click Edit Plan.
  4. Click through until you see "set my own calorie goal". It will be in small print on the bottom.
  5. Enter your calorie goal. 

Next time you go to the app, it will ask you if you want to start a food plan, which is where I set up the food plan in the first place.

I turned food plans off because the gauge said I was under, the calories remaining said I was over. I use fitbit with my fitness pal, where my daily goal is 1200, so I just set the caloies back to that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

useful info, but doesn't address my problem.  i do not use an app, only the web version.  i want to remove the food plan from the web dashboard, and just flat out remove it altogether, not reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if you ever figured this out but I found a loop hole. In your app, on your Dashboard, click on your account (index card looking icon on upper right). 

Scroll down to "Nutrition & Body," and select it. 

Then click on the 3 vertical dots on the upper right hand corner and select, "Remove Weight Goal."

After thats removed, you can go back and add your weight goal back. You just need to make sure you write down or rememner what your starting weight was to manually enter it and be back on track. 

The Food Plan should now be off your Dashboard. 

Best Answer

That was perfect -- thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried doing this, but it didn't work. The food plan is still showing, and it has affected how my app looks at my food logs for ALL of my previous days. I really don't like this, and was wondering if you might have any more advice. I followed all the steps in the previous post, but for some reason it didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything. I had to delete my old account, set up a new account and connect my fit bit through there. I hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

A way to cancel it would be to...

1. Go to Your Weight Log

2. Log your goal weight as your actual weight

3. Check to see if you still have a calorie deficit diet.

Subtle Warning: If you go to food plan, it will automatically give you back a food plan again ( if that happens just redo the steps.)

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Life saver. This was irritating me no end because I wanted to maintain but keep tracking my weight. Every time I was over my goal, even if just by 0.1kg it was giving me a deficit calorie plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes