Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

food log

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I enter the amount of food and it ignores my entered amount and puts in its own.  I have reentered the amounts and it changes them back.  I have unloaded Adobe Flash Player and reloaded it.  I have removed all my cookies.  I am at my whits end.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Awesome troubleshooting @sw51

Moved this thread from the One to the Fitbit.com Dashboard section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's a long thread at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Food-Log-Not-Logging-Correct-Amount-of-Food/m-p... where you should add your experience because you're not alone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to let everyone know there's a solution in the works. This is a display problem only that doesn't impact nutritional information calculations.

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I hope you're right, Don. The only response I've seen from Moderators is to use MyFitnessPal. Not hopeful...

I just emailed Fitbit asking for help:

"For the last couple of days I've noticed that in my daily food log on your website, some of my logged food quantities have changed but the calories have remained the same. And when I input a food item, I may choose 1 ounce as my quantity, but it's displayed on my log as 1 gram, but with the calorie total of the 1 ounce portion. This happens more often than not.

This even happens to quantities in meals I've saved. For instance, I have a protein shake in the morning and have created a meal for that item and when I enter it, the almondmilk quantity now displays as 1 ml rather than 1 cup, yet the calorie total is that of 1 cup.

Interestingly, my Android app is displaying the quantities I entered on the website log."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you are correct.  I have been in contact with FitBit by email for two weeks about this problem.  Today the FitBit Team assured me they are finally pursuing this further.

I had discovered that, for me, the descriptor on the Nutritional Facts of the serving size default value is being used instead of the description that you entered, i.e. Coffee (Regular) default serving size is 1 serving. As an example, if you put in 8 fl oz, the logged food entry will show as 8 servings when added to the food log.

Hopefully this will finally be resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes