Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

json extract

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

First time Ive tried to export my historical data, even though Ive been using FitBit since 2015. I wasnt  expecting a JSON format, is there any option to change to CSV?

Having to wrangle all these files (100's and different fomats) in Python to merge will be a pain in the a**. I can imagine a lot of user are less computer literate than me and wouldnt have a clue.

Am i missing an option setting somewhere?

TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@mikeemonkey,

Welcome to the community!

There are two options to download your data under your settings, the first option downloads as a CSV:

PureEvil_0-1632076191400.png

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's for the 31 days data not the full extract

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most spreadsheet programs are able to view JASON files @mikeemonkey 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mikeemonkey,

I understand that downloading that way is only for one month at a time.  However, it takes about one minute to download each month (and I wasn't going that fast):

PureEvil_0-1632547277065.png

And, from your profile, it looks like you've been on Fitbit since 2015, so that's about 70 months?  Yes, that may be 70 minutes, but your original post was five days ago...  You would've been done many days ago by now.

I'm a software engineer and work on automation, and sometimes the best answer is to do it manually.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response. It looks like the only option is to write some pyhton code to merge these files.

The CSV/Excel ouput is aggregated to day level though, the JSON export is at a lower level of granularity. Thats why I didnt orginally go with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't 'wrangle in Python' (though I did once lead a 'Giant Python' team!), am not a computer programmer, have the same problem, and am not amused by Fitbit's output. My version of Excel does not seem to open files with this extension.

Best Answer