Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Activity History" data does not match "View Details" data.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I having a problem with inconsistent data on the exercise logs.  On the Activity History screen, it shows 2066 steps and 389 cals, but when I click on the View Details tab it shows +2514 steps and +386 calories.

On another day, Activity History shows 2199 steps and 554 calories while the View Detail shows +2512 steps and +345 calories.

This started when I switched from a Blaze to a Versa2.   Prior to the switch, both sets of data matched exactly (as it should).  I have removed the Blaze from my phone app when i switched watches. Does anyone else experience this problem?

c1.PNGc2.PNGc3.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @nlokeva -- not sure what is going on, but I am not seeing that issue with any of my activities.  Total steps and calorie burn match for me between list view and detail view of an activity.  I flagged your post for moderator review.  Hopefully the support folks will be reaching out to you.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Baltoscott , nice to see you around. Thank you for informing us about this thread!

@nlokeva , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for the information provided, and the attached pictures. These have been from great help to have a better overview of your situation. 

If you have access to a Fitbit App on a mobile device, could you please check there if the information on the summary matches with the information of the details? This will help me see if the situation is caused by the Fitbit devices, or if this has to do with your account, the Online Dashboard (fitbit.com) or the App. 

If you only see the discrepancies on a specific  or on multiple platforms please let me know and it would be from great help if you could provide the devices information: mobile device model, operating system, browser, etc. 

If you only see this on the Online Dashboard, please clear the cache of the browser, and if possible check the information on another one. This will help me with the investigation. 

I'll be expecting your reply!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit ,

On the Fitbit app on iOS, the data matches.

I also used Safari on my iphone (lastest ios) to view the dashboard and the same discrepancy appears.

The discrepancy also appears on my windows10 laptop viewing on Chrome and Internet Explorer.

The discrepancy only appears on the online dashboard.  Clearing the cache did not change anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just logged two exercises today and the problem hasn't gone away.   This is after a fitbit reset, browser cache clearing, iphone resetting prior to today's exercise.  Just FYI.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nlokeva , thank you for your comments and further information. 

I've informed our team about your findings, that the discrepancy only appears on the Online Dashboard, with Safari and Chrome. As the information, in this case is Ok in the App, I'll recommend you to verify this there. 

Our Team is working on a solution. As soon as I receive more information  regarding this, I'll be more than glad to inform you over here. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm facing a discrepancy in total active times Vs collective active time recorded in active history. 

Can you please advice?

Best Answer

@Baltoscott and @JuanFitbit 

I see the same thing, and noticed something interesting:

• The data doesn't match for activities that I start manually 
  • For my auto-detected activities (such as when I do yardwork) the data matches

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

@charleskn — that’s interesting. I haven’t looked at manually started entries and thread hasn’t been active for a couple of years. For auto started activities and activities synced to Fitbit from other devices (usually through MyFitnessPal), the data in the detail and summary screens still matches for me.  

For the manually started activities, I assume those are started from your Fitbit? 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes correct. I did a further investigation. Apparently in the Fitbit app
itself, they would only recognise and record as exercise activity if you
continuously exercise or move around for at least 15 minutes onward and
it's a default setting when you download the app. Hope to share my new
discovery with new Fitbit user like myself.
Best Answer
0 Votes

For what it's worth, I'm using a Charge 4, which I doubt would make a difference. I am also using the Android app, which seems to not get much love from Fitbit. How any of those would affect the dashboard is beyond me.

60+, strength and cardio

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is my example of those:
Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

60+, strength and cardio

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. Any activity below 10mins will not be recorded as an activity in the history but it will still be recorded as part of the total steps / time taken.

Best Answer