Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

streaming live heart rate data to a laptop?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a FitBit. I would like to use it for regular running/exercise/etc. use, and also for streaming live heart-rate data to my laptop (i.e. using a program or some online dashboard).

Is this doable? If so, how? I found mixed results on the FitBit community so clarity would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not sure if it is possible to see live data through the Win 10 app. 

However it is possible to download what Heart data fitbit has saved. 

To directly interface with your watch, no this is not possible. 

Best Answer

@DNClem   If you want to monitor your heart rate live during exercise then the best place to do it is by viewing your heart rate on the device itself while using the Exercise App.  The Ionic, Versa 2, Versa Lite and Inspire HR let you see three stats during exercise.  You can choose among Heart Rate, Elapsed Time, Pace, Distance, etc.  I wear a Versa 2 and the middle stat has the largest font.  You set the stats for each exercise in the app (the is no distance option in  Weights).  The Middle Stat lets you scroll through several choices while exercising.  My Run settings are Distance on the top, Heart Rate in the middle and Elapsed Time on the bottom.  My Walk settings are Distance, Steps and Elapsed Time.

When you use the Exercise app, you get a very detailed summary after you are done that you can view on the phone or web app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

LZee,

Thanks mate. I'm aware of all the incredible features, but I am really looking to get the LIVE data on a computer program (as opposed to only the phone). I guess it's a fairly uncommon thing to warrant being a standard feature. I guess I could try to make my own app using the SDK & implement a protocol like bluetooth to transfer the data over. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Look up the Linux project Galileo, they did get fitbit trackers to sync through Linux, but where never able to break the security to read the data. 

Best Answer

Thanks. It does seem like a lot of effort though ....

After some digging, I've found some people say you can simply use a FitBit app on a PC connected via bluetooth to read live data. I'm going to look into that more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @DNClem that was thought in my first post above

Best Answer