Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weight dashboard shows 0.1 lb for everything

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My browser weight dashboard shows all measurements from Aria 2 as 0.1 lb's. However, the body fat indication is correct, and my phone dashboard shows correct values.

Screenshot 2018-10-08 13.35.05.png

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @yaroslavvb.

Thanks for bringing this up and for sharing that picture.

Maybe it could be that the information was not properly loaded from the servers. Let's try to log out of the Dashboard and then log back in. That should force the website to reload all information and show it correctly.

Keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is old, but exact thing happened to me overnight

I have logged out, changed units, tried other devices, browsers etc still dead

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me, davlap.  If anyone has any information on a fix for this, it would be appreciated.

Best Answer

The same thing just happened to me.  Correct weight data is showing in the phone app, but not on the dashboard. 

I suppose I could just stop using the dashboard, and instead download the app to my laptop and view it there.  My Fitbit won't sync to my laptop, in spite of the laptop having Bluetooth capability, because it declares that it cannot be paired with more than one device, and it is already paired with my phone, but the app will allow me to view up-to-date, correct data on a larger screen, which is pretty much all I wanted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Additional information:  

I also use the Brave browser.  After reading Hiker742's comment on another post, I opened up Edge (which I prefer not to use because Microsoft has a history of not handling my information honestly) and found that the Fitbit dashboard correctly displays all weight data.

The second problem mentioned by another user -- that walk distances are displaying in kilometers instead of miles, even when my preferences are set to miles and my location is set to the United States -- is also solved in Edge. 

I didn't try Firefox, but someone mentioned that as Firefox is not Chromium-based, it is apparently not affected.

It would be nice if Fitbit would fix the dashboard so it will work with other Chromium-based browsers, not just Edge; meanwhile, with reluctance, I can use Edge ONLY to work with the Fitbit dashboard for now.

Best Answer

Adding a reply to this thread, separate from my own.  With the information from IdaArmindaMoss that this was happening on Brave, I turned off Brave shields (one way this can be done is via the Brave icon at the end of the address bar) and the weights display as normal.  Just something to try if you haven't found a solution.

Best Answer

Exact same thing is happening to me. Except it has been going on for weeks now. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears to be related to the antivirus settings on your browser.  Fitbit will not work with Brave, with shields up, sending incomplete or wrong data for weight and distance.

It will work with Microsoft Edge, with Firefox, and with Brave once the shields have been turned off.  Presumably it will also work with Chrome, but I haven't tried that one.

One presumes that the Fitbit developers haven't done the work to get the dashboard to work with some antivirus protection suites.  Whether they will in future is a question.  Perhaps they don't care.  But it can be worked around.  I'm using Firefox now, and everything displays correctly.

Best Answer
That was the solution! I was using Brave. Thanks very much for the fix. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great!  But you can continue to use Brave -- you just have to turn off the shields for that site.

Best Answer

Turning off Brave Shield worked for me as well.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit 

This is a bug, reported by the members of the Community Council via official channels to Fitbit staff, who acknowledge the report and said "they will have a look". This was reported the 26th August 2022. 

Best Answer