Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why has my fitbit alta stopped syncing to my android device?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fit bit alta is refusing to sync with my lenovo yoga despite having always done so previously. this has also happened to the other 2 fitbit altas bought at the same time!  However it still syncs with windows 10 in the office at work

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Its a known issue.

They are working on it

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Syncing-issues-since-2-64-Android-app-update/m-p/2454894...

Sometimes I just have to restart it and then it will finally sync

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you for letting me know

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyBWhat you are doing is what I'm doing... It eventually syncs.. I'm still waiting for V2.65

@WendyB wrote:

Its a known issue.

They are working on it

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Syncing-issues-since-2-64-Android-app-update/m-p/2454894...

Sometimes I just have to restart it and then it will finally sync

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

thanks, my daughter has tried this for me with little sucess, so for the meantime I'll just have to wait until I am at the W10 computer at work,which defeats the object a bit. Thanks for letting me know I'm not just being a tech dinasuar

Best Answer
0 Votes

@djboptom@WendyB and I eventually sync.. Are you getting any error messages about Bluetooth or a red dot exclamation icon..?

When you say "wont sync", does it keep wheeling around sucks the battery about 1%/minute and stops as a green or gray wheely circle..  Then you go thru the process again and again....

wrote:

thanks, my daughter has tried this for me with little sucess, so for the meantime I'll just have to wait until I am at the W10 computer at work,which defeats the object a bit. Thanks for letting me know I'm not just being a tech dinasuar

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

hoorah!!! update appears to be effective

Best Answer
0 Votes