Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi conntection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help me. I cannot get my Fitbit Versa to stay connected to the in home Wifi. I have connected and reconnected so many times a day, it is not worth it. I have rebooted the watch, deleted the app, unpaired from blue tooth. Nothing works. It appears to connect but two seconds later is not. So very frustrating. 

Any help anyone can off would be appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Just curious, why are you concerned about your Versa staying connected to  Wifi?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mjmarmo -

From the Versa 2 manual:

"Versa 2 uses Wi-Fi to more quickly download playlists and apps from the Fitbit App Gallery, and for faster, more reliable OS updates."

Wi-fi connections place a heavier power demand on the device's battery than Bluetooth connections, so FitBit is actually doing you a favor by turning Wi-fi off if your device is not downloading a firmware update, apps or Music. You will be prompted to establish a Wi-fi Connection if it is warranted, for instance during a firmware update.

I can confirm that the connection will drop in approximately five minutes if none of the above actions are taking place.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer