Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device falling out of the band?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anything been done to solve the problem of the tracker falling out of the Flex 2 band? Is this still a problem for people purchasing bands now?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I've had mine since Christmas and mine has never fallen out. There are still reports of devices falling out but not many out of all the bands sold. I dont know if any changes have been made to the bands.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Mine fell out last Monday and I contacted Customer Support and described how I lost my tracker and they were able to send me a replacement one with within the week. Try retracing your steps, it's very small and may take a few days to find because of how small it is. With your Bluetooth you can also track it with the app. Let me know if I was helpful'. Best of luck 

Best Answer

Thanks. I have not lost mine. I was really just debating on buying this tracker and was wondering if this was still a problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine since February and it has NEVER fallen out. It's wonderfully secure. I wonder how it falls out to be honest. It's against my wrist and the band covers the edges of it. 

Never have I worried about loosing it.

Best Answer

I only got my Fitbit Flex 2 on Sunday and it fell out the band this morning. I was really lucky to find it at work. It must have flicked out when the band got caught on my jacket when I took it off. Couldn't believe it was so poorly held in. Have now put the band on a tighter setting but it's not comfortable enough to wear like that all the time, especially sleeping. Can't something be done to cover it up or provide better bands with a more secure slot. 

Best Answer

I got my fitbit flex2 in January and just now my tracker is falling out of the band. It's like the opening for the tracker has stretched and won't hold the tracker unless the band is really really tight on my wrist.

Is customer service replacing the bands?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine fell out yesterday. Never a problem with the Flex1. I got a replacement this morning from BestBuy. The retention of the Flex2 in the wristband isn't nearly as secure as Flex1. This is a design problem that FitBit should address.

Best Answer

@MsConnie  I dont know. Ask them.

Contact Support

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did contact Customer Service. Since my tracker was still under warranty, they sent me a new band which I received within a week. Great Customer Service 🙂

Best Answer

That is great!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my device falling out the bracelet for three months.  I tightened the bracelet but this actually caused a wound on my skin because of continuous use. The wound was red and was 2 inches wide.  In the end I moved the bracelet further up my arm about another inch but the device fell out and is lost.  My bracelet is only a year old and is in warranty but they have ignored my request for a resolution claiming they cannot give me a refund as they want the device returned to them for inspection.  They have not offered to replace it with a more suitable bracelet that can retain the device or doesn't cause injury.  I am extremely disappointed and unimpressed.   This design is not fit for purpose.  It seems a lot of people are being conned by this defective tracker designer.  I am tempted now to contact a board member of Fitbit as this is totally unacceptable for a market leader.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, still an issue. I just lost mine. Fitbit told me that this is not a common issue and is not covered under their warranty, but went ahead and covered mine. I had it less than a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes