Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking bike rides

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've turned on to record biking after 10 minutes of activity, can someone please tell me where I need to go to view this activity once I'm done riding my bike.  I'm not seeing it.  

Please help. Thanks 

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

On the app tap the exercise tile (the one with the running man) that will take you to your list of detected activities. Hopefully Outdoor Bike will be listed with your times etc. If it isnt there let us know.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the auto detection on for my outdoor bike, but it still does not register on the app. Also on the tracker, only walk, run or hike is available, why isn't bike?

Thanks

Best Answer

When you say on the tracker only walk run and hike is available, where are you seeing this? Is it on the Exercise page right above your exercise list? If so, this is referring to using your mobile to create a map of your walk, run or hike. This feature is only available  for these three activities, but doesn't affect the tracking of other activities which should still happen. 

As bike isnt showing up in your activity list (just to check, you are riding outdoors, not on a stationary bike which wont track?) I would suggest you try restarting your tracker. Let us know if that fixes it.

RESTART PROCEEDURE
Put your tracker into the charger so it has the charging lights showing. Then press the small button on the back of the charger 3 times within 5 seconds. It will vibrate with each press and then when all three are done it will very briefly flash all lights and then go back to charging lights and it is all done

Full instructions
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. FLEX  2 only counting steps in indoor bike and not categorizing in list of exercise  available.  Please advise. Thank you. Msgail4145@aol.com

Best Answer
I see the bike and when you click on it you can change the minutes, but
after my outdoor bike ride I don't know where to look to see my progress
(distance, calories). I rode 11 miles the other day according to the
tracker on my husband's phone. I would like to see this on the fit bit
app. If you have any other suggestions I'm listening.😎
Best Answer
I'm not seeing the bike. I was only on for 15 minutes though and it's an indoor bike, so maybe that's part of the problem? The other thing I don't like is the fact that we have to moving for 10 minutes before tracker starts tracking.
Best Answer

Thanks. I reset it tonight and will give it a try tomorrow

Best Answer
0 Votes

@subteach55 the flex 2 DOES NOT track indoor bike. You can't make it track indoor bike as you are not moving fowards, and in order for the tracker to recognise you are on a bike it needs the fowards motion. The only thing you can do for indoor bike is add it manually after you have done it.

@Crazygirls when you tap on the exercise tile (the running man) you should see a list of the activities the tracker has recognised. On mine, under Outdoor Bike I see the time (of the ride - like 35 minutes) and the calories burnt. You dont see the distance you have ridden as the tracker has no way of tracking the distance as each rotation of the pedals is not a regular distance - it depends on the gear you are in. I hope that makes it a bit clearer. I have a little bike computer which measures distance by counting the wheel revolutions, but that is beyond the capacity if a wrist worn tracker.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, Nelly.. I "thought" by placing tracker through shoe laces, it would track indoor bike. Amazes me how it can tell if we're moving forward cycling outdoors! LOL Appreciate your letting me know.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@subteach55 Was a good try! By putting it through your shoe lace you are probably counting each pedal as a step, so your step count will go up but it wont think you are cycling. I'm not sure how the calories would compare, but it would think you are doing something! I agree it wojld be great if they could work out how to get it to recognise stationary bike. A lot of people use them.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
😊🖒Thanks much!  I try hard!  via the Samsung Galaxy Express 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, outdoor bike rides are not being tracked. I have restarted the tracker numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, enabled the auto tracking for outdoor bike rides, turned off the auto tracking for outdoor bike ride and enabled the mobile tracker. But still the fitbit is not tracking any outdoor bike rides. So frustrating!!!

Best Answer
I can't understand how it will track outdoor bike if hands are not moving . Same  while shopping iand  pushing cart...if arms are not miving,how can it pick up what we are doing?  😦  place it thru shoe lace,make sure snap is tight and ride...it will  at least count steps  I do this now often if arms are not going to be moving and feel all I have is over priced pedometer.  Good luck and use your laces. 😊😎

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Express 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@subteach55  It (apparently) uses the recognition of the foward motion to recognise outdoor bike. It has accelerometers that do that (no idea how!) And I guess it also detects the movements of your arms when you pedal - not sure on that one. But without the foward motion it cant recognise cycling

@jjebw  If you have done all thatand it still doesnt recognise outdoor bike, I'd suggest you contact Customer Support and see if they can help you. Mine is very accurate on outdoor bike.

Customer Support

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
:O) Mine will stay on my foot for biking! (and grocery shopping). Have a great day! :O)
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex2 is not tracking by bike rides.  I reset it after Monday's ride.  This morning I rode 5.5 miles with over 30 minutes of activity.  It gave me approx 1700 steps but did not register the activity and only shows that I was active for 11 minutes.  I am riding an outdoor bike.  I clicked on the running man and it does not show there either.  Is there a way to add it manually??

Best Answer

@MStarke I really dont know why it is not recognising it. I think Customer support would be your best bet as they may be able to work out what is happening with yours.

Customer Support

Manual logging is quite straight foward. On your app go to the exercise tile (running man) and click on the stopwatch icon in the top right corner. On the form that comes up start to type in Bike and click on it when it comes up. Fill the rest of the form and click Log It and it is done. Let us know how you go.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I figured out how to add it manually.  I'll contact customer support.  I even tried downloading Strava because it said it was a compatible app, but Strava only let me send info to the iphone heart app 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be amazing if we could sinc our fit bits to our stationary bikes! That way, it could record distance, time biking, calories burned, etc. #wishlist

Best Answer
0 Votes