Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking bike rides

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've turned on to record biking after 10 minutes of activity, can someone please tell me where I need to go to view this activity once I'm done riding my bike.  I'm not seeing it.  

Please help. Thanks 

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33
Maybe the fitbit folks will figure an option out for us.😊😉Today,flex 2 insisted I was running when I was walking.  I cannot run!😉😫🙃

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Express 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe the fitbit folks will figure an option out for us.😊😉Today,flex 2 insisted I was running when I was walking.  I cannot run!😉😫🙃

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Express 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe the folks at FB will come up with an add-on capability for stationary bikes since so many have one.  I place mine through shoe laces with that and my health rider.   Might as well get credit for the steps!  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't run either! I currently have to walk with a cane, due to some knee surgery that didn't go very well. I just got my fit bit on Wednesday, and I'm curious to see if it will track my steps taken in the pool. I do a lot of exercise in the pool (swimming, water aerobics, walking), because it is much lower impact and better for my knee. Fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is not tracking how many miles I have cycled any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ashleigh25 Your fitbit Flex 2 can't track distance on a bike as it has no way of knowing how far you've travelled. Even if it could 'feel' each pedal push (which it cant) it couldn't estimate distance as it has no way of knowing what gear you are in, so no way of knowing how far each pedal push takes you. Also, if you coast on hills pedal pushes are not relevant to distance. There is just no way for it to guage distance.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for letting me know 🙂

My BLA-L09. On O2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issues with the Fitbit not automatically recognizing when I’m biking. To manually track my outdoor bike rides, I turn on the Track Exercise feature before starting out, and choose “Run.” It tracks my ride via GPS and gives me times per mile traveled. Then after the ride I go back into the exercise details and select “categorize exercise” and change it to “bike.” Hope that’s helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Twice now I have set my fit to track my ride and never does. I have Bluetooth turned on and gps too?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I find the flex 2 Not very user friendly- koimo

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering the same thing. As those are my only options as well. I cant figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again, I'm Confuse. When Tracking Exercise, (GPS enable, Cell Data Enable, Location Enable, No Voice Cues) the running man has three options: Run, Walk and Hike.

I want more options, like Biking Outdoor. I don't want the system to self recognize because sometimes gets confuse or doesn't recognize at all. I Use Android Version 3.31.1 (20243529). the tracker is a fit bit HR. 

Note: I already reset the HR tracker. 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started having the same problem with my Versa 2.  When my watch was connected and I'm finished biking, it would always show up on my phone in the app, now since a couple days ago it stopped showing up.  I did what you said above but it only shows up to but not including the last couple days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is frustrating. Why should I have to buy a new Fitbit for it to record my biking? Sometimes all I do is bike, for hours, and I see no evidence of it. If Fitbit isn’t going to tracking, they shouldn’t have biking as an option.

Best Answer
0 Votes