Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Day Sync option removed?????

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I noticed the all day sync previously always available to toggle on or off has been removed?? Or relocated?? All I see that is left is a button for sync now.  Ugh. Why remove this feature? I liked seeing the steps accumulate incrementally as I walked or ran.  This is not an improvement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

The all day sync option has been removed. Fitbit say:

"To improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life"

Taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877/

Best Answer

No that is not my issue, sorry. The all day sync button is indeed gone, but my app is not syncing unless I do it manually. So it is not “all day” syncing. 

Best Answer

That is a different issue, the ability to disable all day sync has been removed.

As for your non sync issue, that was not what was being asked.

What phone do you have?

Does the app have the ability to run in the background?

If android, is power management turned off,

Has the app been moved to the background before the phone locks?

When it comes to seeing live steps on the app, this is live data and has nothing to do with a sync.

Best Answer

It’s an iPhone X 

You write that it is a separate issue, and all I can say is that when the toggle for all day sync disappeared, my app stopped counting steps in real time, so maybe a coincidence but I think not.

As far as I know the app has always had ability to run in the background. No settings were changed by me. 
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Strange as it may sound, seeing the counter tick up step by step was one of the best incentives when on the treadmill. 

Best Answer

Can anyone help with a possible fix for this - no “real time” step counter ticks since all day sync button toggle removed.  Thanks again 

Best Answer

Hi @NickDallas I'm not sure what you mean by "no real time" step counter ticks. Are you asking about the apps real time step display on the Fitbit app? This function has nothing to do with the all day sync.

Yes the ability to toggle off all day sync has been removed, sorry the user will not be able to disable (turn off) all day sync.

All day sync is now permanently turned on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The chat line said they removed it as it is a drain on the battery

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saduser6 I'm not sure how removing the ability to turn off all day sync will save battery life.

Fitbit says that the decision to keep people from turning off all day sync is for a better experience.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

that information was sent to me in my chat yesterday with someone at Fitbit.  They were aware that I was an unhappy customer as my battery dies and would not charge.  That was one of the comments that drains the battery.  As it turned out I have to replace the unit.  My dissatisfaction was they offered me a 25% discount and all I had to do was click on the link they provided.  With that discount, the replacement Fitbit I wanted would cost me more than if I just went to their website or a retail outlet and ordered it.   They control the pricing as all of the retailers charge the exact same price and those that have store coupons say it cannot be used on Fitbit products

Best Answer
0 Votes
By real time sync, I meant that as I walked on a treadmill etc I could literally see the step count increase step by step without “refreshing” - it just rolled up syrp by step on its own. Now, I have to manually refresh in order to update the step count. So it is a delayed update, not a real time tracking of steps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

By real time sync, I meant that as I walked on a treadmill  etc I could literally see the step count increase step by step without “refreshing” - it just rolled up step by step on its own. Now, I have to manually refresh in order to update the step count.  So it is a delayed update, not a real time tracking of steps.  I don’t know how else to explain it. 

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer