Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sync my Fitbit Flex

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My flex won't sync to my app. I've deleted it And installed a new device or whatever. Tried everything I can think of... I've called customer service to no avail like with! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Nikkita123 ! I would start by making sure that your Android phone, Fitbit app, and the Flex's firmware are ll up-to-date.

Syncing your Fitbit device

Fitbit device versions 

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all that and it tell me I need to allow my flex to Bluetooth sync to my app then I try to Bluetooth sync and my phone tells me I need an app?! 🙄😬🤬😡

Best Answer

@charleskn Thanks for your help. 

@Nikkita123 Welcome back to the forums. 

I will gladly help you sync your Fitbit Flex with your smartphone. Thanks for the explanation and what you have tried so far. Which smartphone do you have? Please note that the connection has to be done over the Fitbit app. I think you need to reestablish the Bluetooth connection, even though you have tried setting it up as a new device already. Please try the following. Remove the Flex from your Fitbit account. Go to your Bluetooth settings and make sure the Flex is not listed there. If it appears as "paired", please remove it from the list.

Then proceed to restart both your smartphone and your Fitbit Flex according to the instructions in this article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?. You can then open the Fitbit app and set up the Fitbit Flex as a new device. Follow the instructions on screen and grant all permissions to the Fitbit app. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I've done all that and nothing changed. 

Best Answer

@Nikkita123 Are you trying to connect your phone with your fitbit using the phone's bluetooth setup? That doesn't work. 

Reference: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873.htm

It would be helpful to know the:

• Type of mobile device
  • Mobile device operating system type (Android/iOS) and version (under mobile device settings - usually software or about)
  • Fitbit app version (under the Fitbit user settings Help & Support)
  • Fitbit Flex firmware version (usually under settings)

Try the following steps:

• In your Fitbit app settings, forget your Fitbit device
  • Force quit the Fitbit app
  • Clear the Fitbit app cache in your phone's settings --> Apps --> Fitbit
  • Go to your phones bluetooth settings and forget the Fitbit device
  • Stop/start Bluetooth and exit the bluetooth settings. It should appear in the list of available devices, but DO NOT try to connect to your fitbit device
  • Launch the Fitbit app 
  • You should be prompted to connect to your Fitbit. If not, go to your Fitbit app settings to add a Fitbit device.

60+, strength and cardio

Best Answer
0 Votes

@charleskn Thanks for your help and explanation. 

@Nikkita123 Thanks for the reply. Do you receive an error message? Does the app find the Flex at all? Or nothing is found by the app? How far into the process you get? Have you already tried another mobile device to set it up? 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's being found but still having an error message, "to sync reliably let fitbit link to flex" whatever that means.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's being found but still having an error message, "to sync reliably let fitbit link to flex" whatever that means

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nikkita123 from your original post, it sounds like you deleted and then re-added the Flex to the Fitbit app n your mobile device. I assume that you can now see the Flex listed under your account on the Fitbit mobile app, is that correct?

Does it display the Flex's firmware version? What does it say for the date it last synced, if at all?

Are you seeing the error "to sync reliably let fitbit link to flex" in the Fitbit app? If so, I would think @RodrigoMFitbit could find more about the source of the error message.

This was an older post in the iOS forum, but had good steps for connecting:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Fitbit-Flex-not-syncing/m-p/2556129/highlight/true#M80961

60+, strength and cardio

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an IPhone. It's a Samsung... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same problems but there is a fix. I use an older flex and found the problem started with an App update. The solution is to open the app. Press the top left tab that is whited out and let the manual sync taking about ainutr or so. It's a workaround as Fitbit won't allow oploadong the older working app.

Best Answer