Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy A30

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Flex2 and Samsung Galaxy A30 are no longer syncing. I have reset my Flex 2, I have turned off and on the Bluetooth, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, nothing has worked.  The last time it synced was June 23rd and now it won't even pair up with phone. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @ML46  Unfortunately that phone is not on the Supported Devices List and even though it has been working previously, the connection with an unsupported phone can be upset - usually by an update to phone or tracker. Try all the suggestions in THIS Help Article on syncing issues.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello @ML46 thanks for bringing this to my attention. it's a pleasure to assist you with the difficulties experienced with your mobile device, my apologies for the delay in responding. Welcome to the Community Forums too!

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this matter prior posting. Just as @NellyG stated, the Samsung Galaxy A30 is not currently listed as a compatible device with our products and services, therefore, you may experience certain connection difficulties with it. I'm aware that some users are able to use non-compatible devices with our Fitbit products, however, we cannot ensure a proper function of all the features due to this compatibility concern. Therefore, even though your new mobile device is not compatible, lets give it a try to our help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

If by any chance you're still unable to use your Fitbit with your mobile device, I suggest you to try with a compatible device or a computer to avoid this situation

@NellyG Your willingness to help is always appreciated, thanks for your post.

I'll be here if you need anything else, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It makes no dense since it was working just fine for a couple of months.  It does seem transparent that suddenly they are not compatible. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ML46 thanks for your reply, it's a pleasure to continue assisting you. My apologies for the delay in responding.

Please take in consideration that the Samsung Galaxy A30 was not a compatible device with our products and services in the past, it's not that suddenly the device is non-compatible. As it turns out and as per previously mentioned, we cannot ensure a proper function of the Fitbit features because this compatibility concern, which can be affected by Fitbit app, Android and Fitbit device updates.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really frustrating to see that the Samsung Galaxy A30 is not a compatible device. I just purchased my first Fitbit: a Charge 3. At the same time, I purchased a Samung Galaxy A30 because my old phone didn't have the memory capacity to run the Fitbit app. I did not see anything on the package of the Fitbit to notify me that only certain devices are compatible. This now explains why I'm having trouble synching. I've had the phone and the fitbit for 4 days. What a waste of money. I'm so angry at you for not making it clearer to consumers that your product is has compatibility issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Shirley-Birl, a warm welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

If you're experiencing syncing difficulties, please try the steps that are specified on our help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting really fed up with trying to match phone and fitbit 3rd phone now ! 

I even used the fitbit site and samsung a30s was not on the non comparable list so I purchased it and now find it's not. 

What do u suggest I do now?? There must be a way around this?? 

As it was not on list I feel very frustrated by fitbit and have been a user for many years.

Best Answer
0 Votes