Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a tracked walk

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was walking and tracking my walk and forgot to turn off the tracking/press done. I didn't turn it of till after I drove home. Now my Fitbit thinks I did an 8 mile walk instead of a 3 mile walk. Can I edit this?
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

It's not possible to edit a tracked exercise, though it's possible to remove and re-log the walk manually.

How do I manually log an activity or exercise?

Remove a exercise

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile. This is the tile that says “Track exercise,” or, if you already tracked an exercise today, shows the exercise type and information.
  2. Tap the exercise you want to delete.
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right corner and find an option to delete the exercise.

Log a exercise

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" if you haven't worked out today.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.
  6. If your iOS mobile device supports 3D Touch, you can also log an activity from the home screen with the Quick Action menu accessed by 3D Touch.
Best Answer

The name of the exercise is the only item you can presently edit @Crannapple7

Still a three step process, and doesn't truncate the time like you want.

go to dashboard and click on the walk

All the stats pop up, now click activities list in the upper left corner

There will be a pencil next to the activity name (like "walk") click it to see the edit box

To change the duration and such you will have to go in and use the data from the original walk and manually enter the proper data to a new manually entered exercise: see here

Then, after you are happy with the stats as they should be, repeat the process above and delete (small trashcan) rather than edit (small pencil) that original exercise.

I find it easier to open the old one in one window before it is trashed and copy/paste what is relevent to populate the newly created manual one.  Hope this helps, good question, we all miss being able to do a full edit; but that process was obsoleted earlier in the year.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

@Crannapple7 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Have you tried the awesome suggestions given by my friends @SunsetRunner and @wmchapman? That should totally fix the exercise log you did. 

Also, check this Get Moving Thread on the Discussions Board to find some exercise experiences other users do, feel free to comment on any thread and share your experiences as well!

Let us know if you were able to have it fixed! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
What if the tracked activity and overall activity don't match? I used my Fitbit to track my run for the first time this morning. It says I went 3 miles, read me my splits throughout the run, but the overall activity says I ran less than a quarter mile. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be great if we could edit walk start/pause times. I often pause a walk when I stop for a bite to eat or some other reason, and nearly always forget to restart it again. Then after walking for 40 minutes I realise, but obviously it hasn't been tracking in that time.

The GPS would obviously be off, but the Fitbit itself would still have tracked steps and heart rate so it is theoretically possible to restore this data, if you had the ability to tell Fitbit "actually I resumed the walk at this time".

Best Answer

My Ionic does "pause" my activity for me. For example, if I go on a walk, it tracks whenever I am actively walking, but if I pause to talk with someone, view wildlife, etc., it pauses for me automatically. In the end, it will show that the activity was on for 2 hours, but that I was active for 1.5 hours. I never have to actively stop / pause my tracker, except at the beginning and end of the activity. If you go into the settings for your Fitbit, you should see the option to do this. I don't know if all of the Fitbits offer this, but the Ionic does...

Here is how I drilled to that information:

On your computer > Click on the photo of yourself (upper right) > Click on Fitbit image / drawing (upper right) > Click on Fitbit image (center) > Auto Pause (enable it here)

Hope this helps!  

Susan

Best Answer

This question was from 2016.  How can there still not be a way to trim exercises in 2023?  It's a very common issue with tracked exercises.  I remember doing this with my Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes