Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit sync time - accurate or churlish?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.  After crazy stability and solid data sending since 2018, my Flex 2 pebble appears to have popped out of the coop - and I can't confirm where or when.  

All these years - from returning to my initial swimming weight to going toe-to-toe with members of the  political opposition to taking millions of sandy and cement-pounding steps alike, the pebble has never fallen out.  To this day (or, more accurately, til' last Tuesday), the pebble requires a specific and active twisting motion to unseat it from its wristband home.

So, that data storage nugget couldn't have simply fallen out Tuesday.  Either this human or another human wrested it out.

According to Fitbit, that pebble last phoned its Bluetooth home while in its wristband and on my wrist.  Fitbit reports the final sync to have been at 2:11pm - literally at the end of a medical appointment and three minutes before I exited the building's parking lot.  

Tests show that the pebble is not in the car.  Not in the house.  Not in any clothes pockets.  I can conjure no chain of events that might suggest having forgotten some unusual instance of removing the (65% charged) pebble and putting it in some forgotten location:  Its only two storage spots are the wristband and its charger.  

But what if its last sync report is wrong?  Or what if it offsets the actual time by, say, an hour?  At 1:11, I was in the shower and the wristband was dangling on the metal crossbar in the quiet locker room.  Someone - anyone - could have conceivably removed that pebble, and I could have conceivably (if remarkably) not noticed the loss while quickly strapping on the band and dashing out to the appointment.  

Has anyone ever confirmed that their Fitbit's sync time matches local time, or that it may have made a clock error?

Thanks in advance for all direction.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Jetpower , I am so sorry that you have lost your trusty Fitbit friend!  I have to say that I have always found the sync times accurate…. So I am guessing that it actually did somehow come out after the time it last synced - unless the supposed culprit who took it was nearby your phone.

I agree that it is much more usual for the whole band to fall off than the fitbit to fall out of the band, although with usage.  

You can tell whether someone else has taken it, and added it to their own account, if it disappears from yours.

If the Fitbit still has battery power you may be able to find it by just by walking around with your Fitbit app open on your phone and seeing if it will sync.  You could also try using a Bluetooth finder.  There are some tips, and links to Bluetooth finders, in  this help article .

Good luck!  Let us know if you find it…

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes