Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete account data - Taking too much space

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Fitbit Flexi 2 for nearly two years and its great but its taking up to much space on my phone.
How do you delete nearly two years of  the old data and start again ?

Many  thanks.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1)  It is not taking up space on your phone.  The data is stored in the cloud in the Fitbit database.  It only passes through your phone on the way from your wrist to the cloud.

2)  If you do want to start over, though it will have no effect on your used phone space, the only way to do that is to create a new Fitbit account with a different email.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

1)  It is not taking up space on your phone.  The data is stored in the cloud in the Fitbit database.  It only passes through your phone on the way from your wrist to the cloud.

2)  If you do want to start over, though it will have no effect on your used phone space, the only way to do that is to create a new Fitbit account with a different email.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

You can clear the apps cache. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1.39 gigabytes of data on my phone. Shutting down phone functions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that what shows under your phone settings. 

The only data rant is stored on the phone is a few settings. All of the data from the tracker is only stored in the Fitbit cloud storage. 

Clearing cache will remove the temp files, 

Here is mine android settings. 

Screenshot_20210306-122656_Settings.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Capture+_2021-03-06-12-42-45.png

@ChaplainRob  Are you sure that data is really used by Fitbit, not by other apps, or just figuring that must be it?

Best Answer
Absolutely. Looking specifically at the Fitbit app. The app itself is 193
mb. Data 1.39 gb, cache 113 mb and total 1.7 GB. Major problem. My Alexa
app was doing that, too. I deleted it and reinstalled it. I don't want to
lose my Fitbit data, but may go the same route.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Under the phone storage setting, having chosen the Fitbit app specifically:
Fitbit app, 193 MB, data, 1.39 GB, cache 113 mb, total 1.7 GB.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You could simply tap the delete data. You will need to log back in. No data can be lost if you see it on www.fitbit.com. 

Your data is safely stores in the cloud, not your phone. 

Best Answer

Thanks, Rich.  I was afraid I'd lose everything but I deleted the data on my phone, yet it didn't change my information on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is because your app doesn't get its days from the phone, the app gets its days from the Internet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes