Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Span

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a life span to the Flex2? I’ve had mine for almost 4 years And its just not working. It’s not charging; only a single white light flashes after being on charge for 4 hours. It can’t be ‘Found’ unless it’s, uselessly, sitting in the Charger the minute you put it in the band ‘disappears’

i’d be interested if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Had the exact same problem and scenario with the Flex 2 and mine lasted for 3.5 years. Was on the forum about a month ago trying to troubleshoot and see what the problem was. I think a couple of people had the same problem around the same time as me. I did find a way to get it back working again; however, that solution was dreadfully tedious and was just a temporary fix, as it would go back to a non-functional device again.

I ended up buying a new Flex 2 and it works normally. Just got to be more careful and not let it get it exposed to water, as I determined that this could be the underlying issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had mine for about 4 years as well and it still works well and still holds a good battery life.  
i make sure I wipe it clean Especially after a workout (especially around the charging contacts)

i don’t wear it in the shower and I wear the band loose to avoid moisture forming.  

I also don’t charge it till the battery is fully out - so I maximize the battery life.  
i also let it rest on days I’m just lazing around at home (take it out of the band and let it air out)

i have the mobile tracking set up on my phone on days I forget my Fitbit..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply unfortunately I can't seem to find a Flex2 anywhere to buy. Have they discontinued them? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, they've slowly discontinued and taken down Fitbit models, like the Flex 2, and accessories off of their online store. The newer models supposedly replaced them, even though none of them has one without a screen. 

If you're thinking about purchasing the Flex 2, I suggest finding one on eBay or Craiglist. There are Flex 2's being sold at a fixed priced on eBay and Amazon, and those can go for more than the cost of the Fitbit newer models. So bidding or finding someone locally is your best bet. I managed to snag practically a new one for ~$40 on eBay auction, so it can take some time getting a good deal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes