Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a dating app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Myself and several other women on this app have been repeatedly bothered by men trolling for dates or hook ups rather then using this app for health or fitness. What is Fitbit doing to protect the integrity of the app?  

And protecting the female participants?  One of the women I’ve met recently has noted several false profiles, as well. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

For now, you can report the profiles and block the trolls so they cannot approach you again. I’ve been experiencing this problem as well. Why would someone who has no activity think we - who have thousands of steps/day - want to accept their friend request?  Please know that the members of the Community Council have been reporting this problem to Fitbit Corp who is investigating. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

For now, you can report the profiles and block the trolls so they cannot approach you again. I’ve been experiencing this problem as well. Why would someone who has no activity think we - who have thousands of steps/day - want to accept their friend request?  Please know that the members of the Community Council have been reporting this problem to Fitbit Corp who is investigating. 

Best Answer

This happens to men as well on Fitbit  where they get harassed by women even when my marital status is plainly evident on my profile.

Best Answer

You're right @dave_stucki . Scammers, as it seems people are calling them on the forums, will target anyone. I usually advise people to change their avatar and not use their real photo. It might not make a difference because these scammers just keep on hitting on people. Stay safe is my motto. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I changed my Avatar and it slowed down but it didn't go away

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I appreciate Fitbit being a place to to cheer each other to better health, but no matter how much you clean, dirt slips under the door. A persons cheers and encouragement turned to hearts until he sent those 4 magic little words "can I borrow money". These guys do this for a living on any site. I have boundaries with all I link to and have a great time with the challenges because of it. This format has been good for me some miss fit will not stop my fun. 

Best Answer

Same problems...Unfortunately, I blocked the troller, but they still appear on my list of inactive friends.  How can I remove them  now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @burning76  click to see their profile and select to remove as your friend. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer