Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing difficulties - Device not found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my flex 2 for over a year and now all of a sudden its saying device not found???  Will not synch. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Jonesjewelry99  Try reatarting it several times and see if that helps it sync. Also try THIS  Help Article on syncing problems. What phone are you using?

Restart your tracker 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jonesjewelry99, welcome to the Community Forums! It's a pleasure to assist you today, sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting too, I understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using with your Flex 2? When was the first time you experienced such inconvenience and how many times since then? 

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.

@NellyG Thanks for your post and the helpful information that was shared on it.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have more questions for me to answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same, again. It will not sync to my phone. What is wrong with your app. Please update it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what I can tell, there was a fitbit app update issued on the 18th. My last successful sync was the night of the 17th. I tried restarting everything. I have a new phone - a Galaxy s10+ that was working fine for the past 2 months with my Flex2, but since the 18th, I keep getting "device not found".

I spent about a half hour on the phone with fitbit customer support tonight and we arrived at the revelation that there was an update available for my new android phone. I signed off the phone call, expecting i would just update my phone and all would be well, but after the update completed, I'm still having the same problem.

Steps taken:

- updated fitbit app and restarted phone

- updated phone OS and restarted phone

- turned bluetooth off and on and restarted phone

- hit the reset button on the charger with the fitbit in the cradle 3 times to reset

- uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app on my phone and restarted

At this point, I have no idea what to do. The only clue I've got is that when I go into the Bluetooth settings on my phone, when it searches for devices, it DOES NOT find my fitbit. The fitbit is fully charged. So why isn't it communicating with the phone?

Was there something in one of the updates (either the app or the OS) that now makes my phone not recognize my fitbit device????

What am I missing here? Anybody see anything I should try that I haven't thought of?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Flex 2. I have tried all the tips and tricks offered in many threads but to no avail. My Windows 10 computer can find the device but cannot connect to it via Bluetooth. The app on my Galaxy S10e cannot find the device at all. My last sync was 12/19/19 at 8:07am. My phone had been syncing just fine until that point.

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm out of options.  I've spent more than 8 hours of my life troubleshooting and talking to customer service. They have sent me 5 replacemnts! Five! Each time saying oh it isn't working great news we will send a new one. It's only great news if the new one works! If someone out their has the answer that would be nice, or Fit bit should upgrade us all for free to one that works. I just want it to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, my flex2 is showing ‘device not found’.  It is not pairing with my iPhone 7.,I have had flex 2 for 2+ years and not a problem before. The iPhone isn’t even finding flex2 on bluetooth. iPhone recently had update to v 13.3. and this problem has only occurred after recharging phone. It has lost flex2. I have tried all the things you suggested above to others with same problem. I have tried suggestions in help article on flex2.  What else can I try really disappointed????

Best Answer
0 Votes