Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting Food Plan

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to set a calorie goal for each day instead of using the food plan. How do I delete the food plan I have set up?  I know it can be done, I just don't remember how to do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi

On the food log page (fitbit.com), by 'food plan', click the left arrow once to change the food plan to 'plan summary'. Click the 'edit plan' button which appears. 

* When using a fixed calorie goal for the day instead of a deficit, the calories will stay the same and don't update when exercising more. This can lead to burning to many calories and eating to little. Be mindful when doing so, when truly hungry = eat. Heart

Schermafdruk 2017-12-03 15.29.26.png

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi

On the food log page (fitbit.com), by 'food plan', click the left arrow once to change the food plan to 'plan summary'. Click the 'edit plan' button which appears. 

* When using a fixed calorie goal for the day instead of a deficit, the calories will stay the same and don't update when exercising more. This can lead to burning to many calories and eating to little. Be mindful when doing so, when truly hungry = eat. Heart

Schermafdruk 2017-12-03 15.29.26.png

Best Answer
Thank you!
Best Answer

The edit button turns pick when I hoover over it, but won't do anything when I click on it.  

Best Answer

Same for me. So how do we fix the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't work for me. How do I delete the food plan if the edit button doesn't do anything?

Best Answer

I have not received an answer to this problem.  When I hoover over the edit plan, it turns pink, but won't go anywhere else.  No editing allowed.  

Best Answer

How can this be the Accepted Solution if it doesn't work for anybody but you? Button turns pink but nothing happens. Tested in 3 different browsers on Windows 10 PC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been irritating me for weeks. Finally figured it out today. To delete food plan tap on the weight tile, edit goal, and tap maintain instead of lose. It cleared my food plan. 

Best Answer
That worked. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

the edit plan button isn't working but even tho' I'm eating more than the plan says I should (because I'm hungry), I'm still burning more calories than taking in. The algorithm doesn't take that into account and says I'm over my limit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thx that worked perfectly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That only lets you edit, not delete. I want to remove the food plan as though I’d never set one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to here: https://www.fitbit.com/weight and remove the weight goal it kills the food plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes