Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 floors

ANSWERED

does 1 floor mean  you stepped onto 1 floor in ADDITION TO the floor you started out on?  Or am I floating and don't realize it yet?  Because today I have walked on 0 Floors.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-my-tracker-count-floors/?q=count+floors&...

Floors are counted using an altimeter. An altimeter is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure and atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the it calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure. Your trackers register a floor when they detect continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Given the fact that 10 feet is an average between residential and commercial floor heights, although commercial floors in particular tend to be higher than residential floors.

It will add floors when it is windy or cold.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-my-tracker-count-floors/?q=count+floors&...

Floors are counted using an altimeter. An altimeter is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure and atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the it calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure. Your trackers register a floor when they detect continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Given the fact that 10 feet is an average between residential and commercial floor heights, although commercial floors in particular tend to be higher than residential floors.

It will add floors when it is windy or cold.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank  you!  That's a wonderful answer!  And the additional info. on windy and cold adding floors  makes sense --- it also might explain why it showed 13 floors one day and I could remember quite that many changes in location I'd made.

Best Answer

hey @geniemay if Wendy helped you, please consider marking her reply as a solution to help others find the answer... thank you!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Sorry, I'm new to Fitbit.  I accidentally chose that you had the best solution.  Is there a way I can change it to Wendy?  

Best Answer
0 Votes