Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100+ floors in a day ?

I somehow managed to get 100 floors once.

I almost died and couldn't walk right for a week afterwards.

How the heck can there be a 700 floors badge?
Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hiking around here in New Hampshire 500 in a day is relatively easy; stepping it up a bit and doing two peaks in a day should easily get one over 700 in a day.

Best Answer

I am beyond impressed by the 100- I am assuming it was flights of steps and not uphill. nice work.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

It is pretty hard to go for a relatively long run here in New Hampshire without encountering some substantial hills; per my Dashboard, just in the last four weeks it looks like I've crossed over the 100 floor threshold (as in hill climbing) six or seven times.  I guess it all depends upon where you live; back in the 1980s and early 1990s I lived in the Chicago area, and I suspect during a typical ten mile run I wouldn't have encountered enough hills to amount to much over five flights of stairs.  😛

Floors-20160424.png

Best Answer

I live west of Chicago in Batavia close to the Fox River so when I go out biking, I'll get 10 - 20 floors depending on how many little hills and how much I ride up and down from the river. 

Best Answer

@Oriondestiny wrote:

I live west of Chicago in Batavia close to the Fox River so when I go out biking, I'll get 10 - 20 floors depending on how many little hills and how much I ride up and down from the river. 

I did a number of triathlons in the Chicago area in the early 1990s; during the 1990 Sun Times Triathlon I was tooling along up Lake Shore Drive probably crossing Fullerton or Belmont when another racer complained in a very loud (and joking) voice, "Hey, who put this hill here?"  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, the Lifetime Climb Badge (Satellite) peaks at 35,000 floors, and I’ve got almost twice as much 😞

2016-06-30_1730.png

My best day is only 214 floors, though.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I was averaging over 100 a day when I was on holiday recently as I was visiting my parents who live in a mountainous area so our walks involved lots of 'stairs'. You'll also find however that it's related to air pressure so my best day is still around 175 in one day which was the day of a huge storm here in the UK; I walked 3 miles to and from an exercise class and due to the winds racked up tons of floors!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A few years ago I was completely winded when I walked up 5 flights of stairs with coworkers. So I began taking the stairs rather than the elevator. Last year while on a cruise in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, I walked up 300 flights of stairs.

Floors.png

If I can do 300 pretty easily in addition to cruise activities, then surely many athletic types can make 700 floors. Also, taking stairs indoors (climate controlled and at sea level) is probably a lot easier than getting floors over distance, high altitude, hot weather and/or rough terrain. 

Best Answer

I knocked out around 225 floors yesterday and was going for at least 300 but then i ended up working for a guy shoveling snow from all day. I am feeling very good today. No pain. I think I am gonna go for 500 during the week. Charge 2 is great.

Best Answer

@ao145 wrote:
I somehow managed to get 100 floors once.

I almost died and couldn't walk right for a week afterwards.

How the heck can there be a 700 floors badge?

We all have to start somewhere. Eventually it is down the hill once your endurance is up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a beast with them floors. Really.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are

@Dominique wrote:

Unfortunately, the Lifetime Climb Badge (Satellite) peaks at 35,000 floors, and I’ve got almost twice as much 😞

2016-06-30_1730.png

My best day is only 214 floors, though.

You are a beast too. Great job man

Best Answer

Very nice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shipo wrote:

Hiking around here in New Hampshire 500 in a day is relatively easy; stepping it up a bit and doing two peaks in a day should easily get one over 700 in a day.

I did around 500 floors in my house. That was I over 6200 stairs. Then I went outside to do some hills. Managed 41 floors. It was brutal. And I thought I'm gonna do 700 in a day. No way sir. Not yet. You have to be really in shape. I still feel it too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good stuff

Best Answer
0 Votes

After doing the floors I developed anxiety and restlessness and sleep apnea for few days. I'm still trying to feel better. Can't really exercise right now. Been pushing the envelope to extreme.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got 68 floors going sledding with my kids.

Best Answer

100 on a good day is easy due to the fact I have 4 flights of stairs n my house and up and down all day on a laundry day or a trip to soapy hollow the altitudes there but 700 would be awesome

Best Answer

Am a frustrated runner (shin splints) so love thrashing it out on the hills and bagged the 700 floors badge on July 18. Three days later had another big day in the Swiss Alps and managed 1172 floors in about 10 hours. I did finish at the top of Rochers de Naye which has a train so I didn't have to walk down which helped a bit.

Incidentally, anyone who has done the Bod Graham Round in the Lake District will have climbed about 2600 floors in one day so I would bet the record in one day might be over double that (if you could find a way to just go up and not have to waste time descending). Fitbit must know the record, I wonder how we can find it out?

Best Answer