Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,020 Miles in 2020

Hello all!  The New Year is upon us very soon!  The annual goal to run/walk/move 2,020 miles for the year 2020 is right around the corner.  

As luck would have it, 2020 is a Leap Year, which means we have an extra day to complete our goal which is ever so slightly easier than last year's goal.  Your daily goal is slightly lower, but the weekly and monthly goal slightly increases.

2,020 miles =

5.51 miles per day

38.84 miles per week

168.33 miles per month

Since Fitbit decommissioned the old web-based groups, I created a group in the Fitbit app instead.  I will be renaming the current 2019 group to reflect the New Year of 2020 later next week to minimize the amount of invites I have to send out to everyone.  So if you're already a part of the 2019 group in the Fitbit, you don't need to do anything!  

If you would like to join the 2020 group in the Fitbit app and you're not already apart of the 2019 group, please let me know here and I'll send you a friend request.  Once you accept, I can add you to the group.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
326 REPLIES 326

I have participated in this for the last couple of years - walking the number of miles of the year in that given year.  I'd love to have a group of like minded people who would inspire and cheer each other on for this.

This would work out to about 5.5 miles per day (or 12K steps per day for me).  There are some days that I am not able to walk that much, but on other days I can walk more so it averages out.

Let's all start on January 1st, 2020!!  Who's in?

Best Answer

Count me in.  I saw the 2019 miles in 2019 thread which looked awesome.  Just got my FB a few months ago so not 100% sure how many miles I've walked this year.  Suffice to say that I'm averaging 13K steps a day and around 200 miles a month.  So 2020 is well within my capabilities.

Dave

Best Answer

Great!!   To figure out how many steps you've done this year, log in to FB on the computer, select "log" at the top, then select "activities, the select "year".  You will see a calendar pop up on the right hand side just above the graph.  You can then set the time span and FB will show you your stats for that time span.  I'm excited to start this! 

Best Answer

that's a great idea. Happy new year and happy stepping into the new one!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Hi @Heather-S 

I would love to be part of the group 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds great. Count me in too.😀

Best Answer

Sounds like it's something to get me moving.. sign me up

Best Answer

Awesome! @SunsetRunner @J-flex @cathm @3WRYRY — if you will accept my friend request I’ll add you to the group!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just for Metric people:

2020 mile = 3251 km
5.5 miles a day = 8.9 km a day
38.84 miles per week = 62.51 km a week
168.33 miles per month = 270.90 km a month

Best Answer

How do I friend you?  I'd love to be a part of this group.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heather-S    Done 👍🙂

Best Answer

Hello , I to want to join... a good motivation to walk those extra steps next year to 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to this forum but love a challenge and would like to join the 2,020 miles walk for 2020.  Can you please add me and thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am new to the forum and would be very interested in joining the 2020 challenge.   What do I need to do to get signed up....thank you very much

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brokenrock01 @jennyreds58 @Heidi_S_B  Friend requests have been sent! I will add you to the challenge as soon as you accept!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Accept....thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to part of 2020 Miles in 2020. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to do this. It would be a great motivation for me for the new year! What a great idea! Count me in! 

Best Answer

I am new to the forum and would be very interested in joining the 2020 challenge. What do I need to do to get signed up....thank you very much

Best Answer
0 Votes