Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3000 calories burned...

ANSWERED

Woah okay so I just burned 3000 calories today walking... finally starting to rest, but I do wonder. 

is this safe to do? my target loss is 30 lbs, so by my estimate I am looking at 40 - 50 days range till I am down in weight.  that should put me around 140 lbs.  the thing is, my energy burned is double what I am putting in calorie wise. there is no freaking way i can put down 1340 cals more, after dinner' i am stuffed! 

I had a full 12 ounce porter, a glass of water and a good helping of chicken stir fry. 

I'm at 1500 cals now.. I'm actually under recommended caloric intake or 50% of my total. 

I feel fine but I'm challenged to eat enough given much of my diet (85%) consists of greens. 

this is just mind blowing!  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A common recommendation for weight loss is to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week. If your starting weight is 170 pounds, it would take 19 weeks (133 days) to reach your goal of 140 pounds. And if you think that pace is too lame, losing 1.7 pounds in a week requires a daily deficit of 850 calories, which is quite challenging to maintain over 100+ days.

About the 3000 calories burned: keep in mind your Fitbit is not like the odometer of your car. If your car told you you drove 150.2 miles, chances are you did drive 150.2 ±0.1 miles. If your Fitbit told you you burned 3000 calories, the actual figure could just as well be 2400. Estimating energy expenditure with an activity tracker isn’t exact science. If you log your intake and weight yourself regularly, you’ll be able to find out how accurate your Fitbit is, by comparing changes in actual weight to the predicted weight loss. This requires more than a couple of days to establish.

I understand the excitement of getting into a more active lifestyle and committing to shedding extra weight off, but your goals must be realistic: losing 30 pounds in 40 days isn’t IMO. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

A common recommendation for weight loss is to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week. If your starting weight is 170 pounds, it would take 19 weeks (133 days) to reach your goal of 140 pounds. And if you think that pace is too lame, losing 1.7 pounds in a week requires a daily deficit of 850 calories, which is quite challenging to maintain over 100+ days.

About the 3000 calories burned: keep in mind your Fitbit is not like the odometer of your car. If your car told you you drove 150.2 miles, chances are you did drive 150.2 ±0.1 miles. If your Fitbit told you you burned 3000 calories, the actual figure could just as well be 2400. Estimating energy expenditure with an activity tracker isn’t exact science. If you log your intake and weight yourself regularly, you’ll be able to find out how accurate your Fitbit is, by comparing changes in actual weight to the predicted weight loss. This requires more than a couple of days to establish.

I understand the excitement of getting into a more active lifestyle and committing to shedding extra weight off, but your goals must be realistic: losing 30 pounds in 40 days isn’t IMO. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

That's really fair Dominique. my reason for wanting to improve my diet and get active is because this year started out with me being on tons of medications which really hurt me in the long run, I was so sick!. 

since that point I've developed asthma and had become immuno-compromised.  my last major asthma attack pushed me over the edge to fight back and rebuild my damaged body.  I can definitely afford to take your advice seriously. but I am going to have to work hard to get back what the medications took from me. Thanks again !! 

Best Answer

Reccord.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am immuno compromised since one year, as I take medications against an auto-immune disease. One thing I have learn is that patient and rest are key points. After years of inactivity due to lifestyle and the disease, I started to get active too quickly and it had a negative impact. I learn I need to pace myself. Being immuno compromised means we are weaker. 

I taper on and I am now doing much better than a year ago, in cardio, resistance training and general fitness. 

Best Answer

For me, it's been constant exposure to Diesel fumes from heavy heavy traffic, prior to that I was very active and 130 lbs. I kid you not Seb, I've tried very hard to stay active but living in my previous neighborhood there were 3 gravel quarries within a half mile, a garbage dump, hundreds of trucks and cars. literally 7 times the pollution of baseline pollution for the entire city.  while living in that area I was prescribed dozens of different antidepressants, none of which were effective some of them even nearly killed me. 

My body has been In chronic disorder from the pollution. Since moving I feel a little better. but it's always hard work to avoid. my body has had serious trouble keeping up from this point. My issue is Atopy 

in response to chemical irritants. I could die from it due to the subsequent asthma... at the start of the year I couldn't even take my dog for walks.  

The good news is In my new home I am able to start to slowly recover, but it's never a simple thing. 

since changing my diet and trying my best to get active I am not nearly in as much sinus pain and I've yet to have a severe Asthma attack.  more over.. I'm not depressed at all, If anything I am angry I took the expert advice of a psychiatrist who didn't have my best interests in mind. I am also mad at myself that I Fell for it and chose to live in an area that was marketed as an upscale, "clean neighbourhood". 

I also truly do fear for my former neighbors. 

time to get active! have a lovely day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes