Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUMPING June Step Challenge

The MAYhem step challenge is nearly over so it’s time to start thinking about next month.  Maybe some JUMPING JACKS spread through your June walks/runs? 

How It Works:

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges has been to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

Here are my goals for June

-900 JUMPING JUNE JACKS (30/day x 30 days in June)
-15K steps/day
-1 pushup/day (I always do more, but this goal gets me into position!)
-16 weight-lifting days

- 50 floors or more for 20 days

-Sleep 6+ hours 12 days or more during the month.  (I have been trying to hit this since March, but no luck so far).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

I need to think about it. Found out yesterday what is really going on.

If I can come up with things that are not step related I will join

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Knowing what is wrong is half the battle @WendyB.  Hope it gets better.  Food, sleep, following doctors PT orders if any, can be goals too.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Ok I need to stay off my leg. This also might change as I find out more Friday.

Had to buy a Sit down Boxing DVD. And found some sit down weights on YouTube

Here are my goals this is all I am cleared to do

Sit down Boxing daily 0/30
Sit down weight lifting days 0/13
Wine/Beer I limit this to weekends but I want to only do this 1 day on weekends instead of 2 0/5

Lose 2# 0/2

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

June, June, June....

1) 11,000 steps each day

2) daily push ups (1 or more)

3) 7h sleep average each week

4) decluttering/cleaning/yardwork each day

5) checking in each day

I'm leaving the last one there even though I was brutally bad in May.  I've increased the steps slightly (my average over the last 28 days was 10,500 so it should be doable).  I haven't opened the pool yet (next week) but I'll leave the goals for swimming until July.

@WendyB- glad to hear you know what needs to be addressed - best of luck with the recovery.  I've been struggling with a bit of joint pain, although I'm sure it's because of my current exercise patterns.  I'm doing bursts of movements combined with periods of complete inactivity.  I think being more consistent will help.  I've got to stay away from graphs that look like this (and yes, between 4 and 6 I did nap at some point).

Today.png

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@Baltoscott thanks for doing this once again, and thanks for the tag in the May thread - for the first time ever I am not a couple of days late joining lol

Glad you are sorting your problems @WendyB and great idea to google sit down exercises.

Goals for June - these will probably change a bit over the next week or so, bit we will start with these (similar to last month)

10,000 steps a day for 20 days

Average over 10,000 a day for the month

Swim 2x per week

Dance 6 hours a week (minimum)

One Coach workout or bike ride per week

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Jumping June Challenge Goals

- Average 11,000 steps day month (when I post I’ll keep a running track of # of days I reached the goal; but what ‘counts’ will be end-month average 😇)

- 25 Jumping Jacks x 20/30 days

- Weights — 12/30 days

- Lose 2 kilos (4.4 pounds) [CW 66.8 kg]

Best Answer

I am backing things off a bit for June.  An insanely busy month - although they all seem to be.  There are other things I think I should have goals about but for this month I am keeping it simple.   Will report on Mondays as a % of month

Goals - 405,000 steps (avg 13.5K)

Goals - 81000 calorie burn. (avg 2700)

Best Answer

Ugh, so I was terrible in May, I was laid off for most of the month so I dont think I ever checked in (I use my break times to peruse the community, my computer at home may as well be an expensive paperweight lol) but I did do great at keeping at it! I am now one pound away from my 1st goal weight 😄 

June goals for me...

Start final goal weight and lose half (2.5 lbs)  0/2.5

10K Steps daily 0/30

Toning exercises 5 times a week 0/20 

Jog laps down my street once a week 0/4

(my asthma is poorly controlled atm so I have to be mindful of how hard I push myself but my daughter and I did this the other day and we both thought it was great fun she raced me on her bike, and the fact that my boyfriend commented "I dont know the last time I saw you run" kind of hurt so I want to see how often I can stick to it.)

Finish one unfinished Cosplay costume 0/1

Best Answer

18 06 01 0335.JPG

I'm simplifying all my tracking methods so a person can do everything on graph paper if they like. No more apps to disappear or websites that are discontinued.

I think I'll post the calendar on Fridays and the NEAT activities on the other days.

Best Answer

1 June    OK my first day is done!  

10,000 steps a day                                                    1/20

Average over 10,000 a day for the month

Swim 2x per week                                                      -/8

Dance 6 hours a week (minimum)                             2.5/6

One Coach workout or bike ride per week                 -/4

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am new at this aspect of having a fit bit.

I aim to reach 5,000 steps per day

Get an exercise bike this month -- use at least 3 times per week

Win the battle with plantar fasciatus

Best Answer

Hey welcome Jac!!!  Another west Aussie (we are taking over) Someone else in my time zone anyway. Smiley Happy

Community Council Member

Best Answer

June 1

900 JUMPING JUNE JACKS (a set of 30/day) 

1/30

15K steps/day

1/30

1 pushup/day 

1/30

16 weight-lifting days

1/16

50 floors or more for 20 days

0/20

Sleep 6+ hours 12 days or more during the month

0/12

As I sat down to post this I realized I had yet to do my daily pledge of 30 Jumping June Jumping Jacks.  So I kicked the chair back and did them here in front of the computer.  

Who says you need to go to the gym to exercise? 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

1) 11,000 steps each day

2) daily push ups (1 or more)

3) 7h sleep average each week

4) decluttering/cleaning/yardwork each day

5) checking in each day

1) 1/30

2) 1/30

3) week 1 (so far) 7h 26m

4) 1/30 - cleaned house, cooked lunch, entertained (maybe drank too much)

5) 1/30

I almost added a social component to this month. I've never been a social butterfly but the last few years when I was taking care of my mother I became quite a bit of a recluse.  I've been agreeing to any invites and making a point to make some myself.  I had people over for lunch today (roast chicken and various cold salads, with a light key-lime pie type dessert).  The drink of the summer seems to be pink lemonade concentrate with raspberry vodka (various amounts depending on if people are driving), frozen raspberries and prosecco.  The weekend will involve lots of yard work if the weather holds.  However, if the weather is poor I have indoor stuff to do.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@Baltoscott,

Jack LaLanne always did four-count jumping jacks. Did you? 😛

They must have been good for you. My mother used to watch Jack LaLanne all the time, and she lived a long time. 

Best Answer

I don’t count to 4, but I do them like Jack does @GershonSurge.  Didn’t know it until just now, but apparently Jumping Jacks were named after Jack LaLanne.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

June 1

11,000 steps (daily average) - 0/30

- 25 Jumping Jacks x 20/30 days - 0/30

- Weights — 12/30 days - 0/30

- Lose 2 kilos (4.4 pounds) [CW 66.8 kg] — I’ll only report this end month)

Off to an inauspicious start I am afraid. It was a jam-packed day: laundry, shoveling/hauling compost to balcony, making salsa, making bolognese sauce, book group in the evening. I had every intention of making up my steps and doing my JJs when I got home; but my sister had called about Mom before I went out so my call back lasted until after midnight.

Will do double JJs today — to the count of two @GershonSurge, but otherwise, as @Baltoscott said, like Jack Lalaine. I remember his TV show!

Glad you can include more social activities @A_Lurker. The ‘drink’ sounds yummy, but perhaps a tad bit potent (for me at least) with both vodka and Prosecco. 🍹

Best Answer

18 06 02 0108.JPG

Had a good day of working yesterday. I did toss in a short walk soon after the sun came up. Ready to go some more today. I started a 48 state virtual hike yesterday. I'll begin another topic for that.  

Best Answer