Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUMPING June Step Challenge

The MAYhem step challenge is nearly over so it’s time to start thinking about next month.  Maybe some JUMPING JACKS spread through your June walks/runs? 

How It Works:

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges has been to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

2 June

10,000 steps a day                                                     2/20

Swim 2x per week                                                      -/8

Dance 6 hours a week (minimum)                       2.5/6

One Coach workout or bike ride per week              1/4

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

June 1

Sit down Boxing daily 1/30
Sit down weight lifting days 1/13
Wine/Beer I limit this to weekends but I want to only do this 1 day on weekends instead of 2 0/5
Lose 2 Pounds 0/2

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

11.5K yesterday - definitely starting June off sick, was trying to pretend it was allergies,but I dont think so.  Tournament this weekend.  Found my Sudafed.

Best Answer

June 2

11,000 steps (daily average) - 2/30

- 900 Jumping Jacks 30 x 30 days - 2/30

- Weights — 12/30 days - 1/12

- Lose 2 kilos (4.4 pounds) [CW 66.8 kg] — I’ll only report this end month)

Got  enough steps for today’s goal and to make up the difference for yesterday plus 1,000+ extra. Bumped up my Jumping Jacks from 25/day to 30. Got one day of weight training in. Was in a lot of pain and limping this morning and early afternoon. Relaxed, read a bit and took a nap. And it made all the difference — yeah!  

Best Answer

June 2

Sit down Boxing daily 2/30
Sit down weight lifting days 1/13
Wine/Beer I limit this to weekends but I want to only do this 1 day on weekends instead of 2 0/5
Lose 2 Pounds 0/2

Community Council Member

Best Answer

18 06 03 0155.JPG

I compressed my activities into the early part of the morning, so I had my calorie goal made before 10:00 AM. I'll try to do this today.

@WendyB, @Ennay

Hope you are both feeling better soon.  

Best Answer

June 3

- 11,000 steps (daily average) - 3/30

- 900 Jumping Jacks 30 x 30 days - 3/30

- Weights — 12/30 days - 2/12

Best Answer

I think I ended up around 9K steps yesterday, failure to sync.

I am definitely starting off the month of June in the hole for even my modest goals.

Day 2 of tournament.  My sinuses are better, some stuff in the lungs, but I think tomorrow will be the tell.

Best Answer

18 06 04 0146.JPG

Today is my last day of being 64. Tomorrow, I'll be over the hill. I prefer to think of it as a false summit. 

Best Answer

@GershonSurge wrote:

18 06 04 0146.JPG

Today is my last day of being 64. Tomorrow, I'll be over the hill. I prefer to think of it as a false summit. 

Congrats and happy birthday 🎂 tomorrow @GershonSurge! Not sure about ‘over the hill’ — unless your goal is to climb one! 😂 {In a year, 4 months and 4 days, I’ll be in the same 🚣‍:female_sign:...} 

Best Answer

Monday update

June 1-3 :

29868 steps : 10632 behind target

7902 calories: 198 behind target.

WL: -2.0

A little mild scratchy in lungs but otherwise good to go I think.

Happy birthday @GershonSurge!

Best Answer

June 3 and 4

Sit down Boxing daily 4/30
Sit down weight lifting days 2/13
Wine/Beer I limit this to weekends but I want to only do this 1 day on weekends instead of 2 1/5
Lose 2 Pounds 0/2

Community Council Member

Best Answer

June 4

- 11,000 steps (daily average) - 4/30

- 900 Jumping Jacks 30 x 30 days - 4/30

- Weights — 12/30 days - 2/12

Best Answer

@GershonSurge- age is just a number.  My mother was active into her 80s.  It was unfortunate that the impaired driver who hit her changed all that.  She would have been active much longer.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

1) 11,000 steps each day

2) daily push ups (1 or more)

3) 7h sleep average each week

4) decluttering/cleaning/yardwork each day

5) checking in each day

1) 4/30

2) 4/30

3) week 1 (7h36m) week 3 (so far) 8h11m

4) 4/30

5) 2/30

So I've noticed a trend. When I'm really late getting my steps in I skip the check-in. I'm okay with this because I'm taking sleep over the check in. Tomorrow I'm going to be able to combine the steps with mowing the lawn.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

June 4

900 JUMPING JUNE JACKS (a set of 30/day) 

4/30

15K steps/day

4/30

1 pushup/day 

4/30

16 weight-lifting days

3/16

50 floors or more for 20 days

1/20

Sleep 6+ hours 12 days or more during the month

0/12

Got my wife on board with the 30 Jumping Jacks/day challenge this month.  She is into it, but it's not quite a habit.  She growled at me last night when I ask if she got them in as we heading upstairs to bed ... and then she did them 🙂

Happy Birthday @GershonSurge.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@vegan_valkyrie -- what is the character for the Cosplay costume you are working on? 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Starting slow...

>10,000/day Mon-Sat

Couch to 5K 3x/week

Looking forward to community. Thx for the challenge idea 🙂

Best Answer

@Calby,

Welcome to the challenge. I've heard the couch 2 to 5k program is a good one.

@A_Lurker,

Age is a number. Unfortunately, many people think 65 is over the hill because it used to be the time of mandatory retirement. In some societies, people didn't start having babies until they were 70. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

18 06 05 0341.JPG

Another good day. My exercise plans for the future are to set an example of almost continuous movement. This is the same example my healthy 82-year-old neighbor across the street has set for the last 24 year. 

Best Answer
Thx for the encouragement!
Best Answer