Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

81 y.o. tomorrow and will achive 3,650,000 steps by the 14th of August - my 1st fitbit anniversary

Dear Fitbit users, 

On the 14th of August last year I received a late birthday gift from my daughter - charge 3 fitbit. 

The beginnigs were difficult... I thought reaching 10K steps won't be possible.... little did I know, I got there by the 30th of August! 

At 80 years old as you can imagine,  some days are better, some are worse... my lowest were circa 1K+ my highest at 22-23K {first time reached on the 9th of December}. But, I am pleased to say that I did not stop trying...

Tomorrow I am turning 81 years young and as a birthday gift to myself,  I am aiming to walk 3 650 000 steps by COB on the 14th of August - my first Fitbit anniversary. Right now I am at 3 300 688 steps, to get to my ambicious 10K x 365 days a year, I will need to walk on average 10 273 steps a day for the remaining 34 days. 

Any support and encouragement you can provide me with will be much welcomed dear fitbitters! 🙂

Yours, still young at heart Vienna. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @Vienna1940, loved your post!

I'm a young punk at only 64 years old but can relate to much of what you wrote, so congratulations on what you've achieved so far and good luck on your goal to hit 3,650,000 steps by 14-Aug.  Given how consistent you've been over the last 11-months I have no doubt you'll make it!  🙂  

I've set a few such ambitious goals over the 6+ years since I first started wearing a Fitbit and one which has paid dividends is to work in some padding along the way; by this I mean, shoot for say, 11,000 steps per day during the early stages of your quest and by the end of it you may hit your goal with a day or three to spare.  Either that or you'll pass your goal comfortably and have some extra steps to apply for year two.  🙂

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums, @Vienna1940! And thank you for sharing your inspiring story! 

I am 29 years old and was diagnosed with 3 hernias last year, after a hard few months where I was  barely able to walk, I now average 10,000 steps a day, and I'd like to keep increasing my goal every month. What do you do to stay so active and motivated at your age? 

Happy Fitbit anniversary! 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

You can do it! If you're at that many now, your goal isn't much above your current daily average. You surely had some major events that probably boosted that number, but your approaching anniversary is an event, itself. 

Best Answer

It's good to see you around the Community forums for the first time as well, @SeirinNo7! Welcome. 😀 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

She's such a darling ❤️ my regards to her ❤️

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎉🎉

Best Answer
0 Votes