Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recoverying from surgery-Group?

Hey there!

I recently had spine surgery to remove a ruptured disc (1 month post op to the day).  I'm using fitbit to help monitor my progress as I begin recovery.  I'd love to find a group of people in similar circumstances to chat with and get tips/tricks from.  Any spine recovery groups out there?  Or surgery recovery groups in general?

Thanks!

Ali

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi

I had foot surgery in 3 places - (2 1/2 weeks ago) had to have bone graft, so 3 screws/plates two weeks ago.  Have been told no weight on foot for at least 6 weeks - 2 weeks in plaster cast (removed a couple of days ago) and now in a special boot - using crutches.  (Still extremely painful). I usually do powerwalking, bushwalking & gym.  So, now I'm just doing upper body work at home with dumb bells.

Recovery after surgery is a lengthy process - need lots of patience and getting fitter every day.  

Good luck with your recovery.

Lana

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're able to walk much at all while recovering from surgery that's great. I had 2 major surgeries last year. One in March in my groin area. Bad MRSA staph infection. I could barely walk around the house for a month after I got out of the hospital. The second surgery was in August. I had a hernia repair surgery. Mesh from a previous hernia surgery caused a blockage. Walking was OK but I wasn't supposed to life anything over 5 pounds for 8 weeks. I spent a total of 18 weeks last year recovering from surgeries. I doubt I would have managed to walk 1000 steps a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 4 weeks post op from breast cancer surgery.  Started the exercises my PT gave me.  Surgeon said it was OK for me to go to the gym and ride the "bum" bike.  Took a 40 min. ride.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Rose312!  

Thank you for sharing your experience, I wish you a speedy recovery. 

Let us know about your progress. 😁

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes