Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A spreadsheet I made for a better step goal

I think the Fitbit step goal thing is not as good as it could be. I found myself wishing for a system that looks at your average step count over the last 2 weeks and calculates a goal for you that's slightly higher than your average.

Then I made this spreadsheet, which you can view and copy and use yourself.

Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 09.40.46.png

You do have to update it with yesterday's steps each day, but at least the step goal changes to reflect what you've been able to manage recently, with a box where you can add a little extra for the challenge. 2% is a good daily increase, I find.

Edit: Updating the screenshot because it has more features now, like the ability to change what % you're increasing your goal by (including to 0%), and colourful boxes to show at-a-glance improvement trends.

Edit: It might help if I put in a link to the actual spreadsheet. 😉

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

That is awesome! I'll have to try it out sometime. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
No problem! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Great idea! Are you familiar with ifttt.com? The reason I ask, if you were savvy to their coding, you could make an automated way to update this spreadsheet. I don't actually know how to do it, just saying it is possible. They have a channel fo Fitbit and a channel for Google Drive. I am using a "recipe" someone else developed that puts some of my fitbit activity stats in a google spreadsheet and updates the spreadsheet every day. Someone who knows how to do this could probably make a recipe that updates this type of spreadsheet.

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Someone else on Reddit mentioned this too, and I really like the idea (I do use IFTTT for some other simpler things) - but I have no idea how to do that, or whether it could insert a row between rows 2 and 3! It's definitely something I need to look into though. If I manage to wangle it, I will put instructions for how to do it in the spreadsheet - on an "IFTTT instructions" sheet or something.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm just bumping this because it has many fancy new features now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you automate this in any way? I am looking for a simple way to challenge my colleagues in a step count challenge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have premium and when I set All For One challenges, it does just that. It looks at your average for x period and slightly raises it. So the coding is in the app, but if this was on the dashboard for a daily goal, it would be perfect. I know the Garmin? does just that. My Auntie gets new daily goals depending on how well she is doing. 

it would be really beneficial for those who get into a slump and need a little motivation that isn't so scary. 

Best Answer
0 Votes