Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abs development

So I've been doing more core workouts recently and my belly is starting to lose fat. The 2 and 4 packs and getting more visible, but the bottom area still has lots of fat. I'm experimenting different ab  workouts but none of them seem to reduce the fat in that area. Is there any workouts or exercises that I can do to reduce the fat in that area?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

No, you have to lose it all over. If you are genetically inclined to build up fat in certain areas, you will be genetically inclined to keep it there. From the bodycoach.com:

"The short answer is no. Targeted fat loss, often refered to as spot reduction, is not possible and there's no solid scientific evidence to suggest that you can burn fat on specific areas of your body. ... Building strong abdominal (abs) muscles will not give you a 6-pack if those muscles are hiding behind body fat."

Or from heathline.com:

"Although spot fat reduction is most likely to be ineffective at burning fat in specific body parts, targeting troublesome areas by toning the underlying muscle can have beneficial results. While you can't necessarily choose where your body loses fat, you can choose where you want to look more toned and defined."

Best Answer

So with the facts already given above, your statement would be more accurately said:

"So I've been in a diet and my fat loss has gotten to my belly, and doing more core workouts recently to show my muscles."

Just keep at a reasonable diet (very small deficit if this is really where the final fat loss is at), or if you are at healthy weight already but want this fat gone - you actually need to recomp.

Eat at maintenance, strength training with big muscles to get them to grow, while using remaining stored fat as energy source for the extra calories. It's slow but works.

And the core is NOT the big muscles that are going to grow. Probably wouldn't want them to grow that way anyway.

For recomp if you have not been doing full body progressive lifting routines - you'll need to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer