Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abs question

ANSWERED

After working out, I'm noticing my belly flab starting to disappear which has resulted in a couple of abdominis rectus popping up. So I did some looking into the abs and on my self noticed the top two are there (I circled them in the pic). The rest I don't feel individually but they are still being dug out lol. Are those top two abs normally bigger? Thanks

abs1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have you been losing weight lately? The reason I ask is (I think) it is more likely your abs were revealed because the layer of fat covering them got thinner rather than because the muscle itself got bigger. Muscles grow slowly, and this is even more true in the case of a relatively small (and flat) muscle group like abs. I also think it is more likely upper abs get revealed first, because there’s more fat on top of lower abs.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Have you been losing weight lately? The reason I ask is (I think) it is more likely your abs were revealed because the layer of fat covering them got thinner rather than because the muscle itself got bigger. Muscles grow slowly, and this is even more true in the case of a relatively small (and flat) muscle group like abs. I also think it is more likely upper abs get revealed first, because there’s more fat on top of lower abs.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I'm finishing up week 2 of burpees. Yea my fat layer is shrinking which I'm excited about. Ok thanks, I was curious 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes those two grouping pop out first because of fat loss, but that isn't to say that overall improvement isn't being made with activity. the abs- or core- all together are a large muscle group that is engaged with almost every activity including walking. by strengthening it, you are making your overall composition better not to mention improving muscular stamina. Keep going.. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thanks. Yea I picked burpees to help with overall workout and will change it up later, and I'm getting my health and core into shape.

Best Answer
0 Votes