Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accumulating Stairs Credit Without Having Stairs to Climb..

So how does that happen? Sometimes when I am doing my usual exercise routines I accrue flights of stairs I. Addition to activity minutes, steps and calories burned. But other times I do not. What causes my Fitbit to register some activities as stair-equivalences?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Fitbit counts a floor when your altitude changes by 10 feet.  So if you are exercising and you are going up an incline, be it stairs, a small hill or whatever, it will register a floor when you are up 10 feet.

Best Answer

@Tave wrote:

Fitbit counts a floor when your altitude changes by 10 feet.  So if you are exercising and you are going up an incline, be it stairs, a small hill or whatever, it will register a floor when you are up 10 feet.

@Robcorc Also if you exercising outside in a stiff breeze or you have a cold weather front the inbuilt altimeter will register floors because of the air pressure change.

I take the good with the bad, because I have marginal 10 ' gradients in my walking area, sometimes I get all 9 and other days not, even 16 floors on other days. (I used Google Earth to check the terrain).

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
There was a front coming through yesterday, including high winds...

But I was not out in it. I exercise indoors, level surface, always.
Best Answer
0 Votes