Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active hours, heart beat questions

I go to sleep at around 5AM and I'm up by noon.  I can't find a way to change my active hours to reflect that (on other apps I use, I can change it so that my day starts at 6AM instead of midnight).

I go for a walk at 2PM and 1AM but everything's skewed because of my sleep pattern.

The other thing:  my pulse is naturally fast (my resting is 100 most of the time- has been since I was a kid and I'm 43 now).  Fitbit calls that the fat burn zone, I think.  As I've gotten older, I've put on a little weight.  Surely I'm not burning fat when I'm idle lol.  How can I figure out how to tweak that?

Thanks for any help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Zhaylin Welcome to the forum. Nice to see a new face. We will need a bit more information to help you. What type of tracker do you have and what phone OS are you using. On iPhone 7 the active hours can be specified, so I'm going to assume it can be done on the other interfaces as well, but will need to verify. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

@Zhaylin wrote:

The other thing:  my pulse is naturally fast (my resting is 100 most of the time- has been since I was a kid and I'm 43 now).  Fitbit calls that the fat burn zone, I think.  As I've gotten older, I've put on a little weight.  Surely I'm not burning fat when I'm idle lol.  How can I figure out how to tweak that?

Regarding HR zones: you can change them, as explained in this blog post.

As to changing the time when the days start, I don’t believe you can do it, except maybe by pretending you’re in a different time zone. What you can do, however, is change the hours during which reminders to move are being sent (if your Fitbit supports reminders to move): that would make a lot of sense given your schedule.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the replies.  I have the Fitbit Charge HR.  I have the dashboard installed on both my iPad (iOS 11.1.2) and my android phone (version 6.0.1) which is still kind of alien to me lol.

I tried changing my time zone to Nairobi, lol.  But I don't think that's quite fitting either.

I'm quite dumb when it comes to all things math and geography.  And logical thinking, too, it seems lol.  In fact, I think I broke my brain trying to figure everything out.  If I start my day at noon, whereas most people begin theirs at 6AM... but time resets at midnight, what kind of timezone offset do I even need to search for?

I'm stressing over this because I also just started a mostly liquid diet.  My calories are extremely restricted and then I'm adding exercise on top of that.  I just want everything calculated properly so I can go back to the Dr. with actionable information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I marked my previous topic as resolved on accident.  I clicked the resolved button because one person was able to answer part of a two part question lol.  I didn't realize that would close the topic.

I live in WV, USA.

I'll just copy/paste:

"I go to sleep at around 5AM and I'm up by noon.  I can't find a way to change my active hours to reflect that (on other apps I use, I can change it so that my day starts at 6AM instead of midnight).

I go for a walk at 2PM and 1AM but everything's skewed because of my sleep pattern."

"I have the Fitbit Charge HR.  I have the dashboard installed on both my iPad (iOS 11.1.2) and my android phone (version 6.0.1) which is still kind of alien to me lol.

I tried changing my time zone to Nairobi, lol.  But I don't think that's quite fitting either.

I'm quite dumb when it comes to all things math and geography.  And logical thinking, too, it seems lol.  In fact, I think I broke my brain trying to figure everything out.  If I start my day at noon, whereas most people begin theirs at 6AM... but time resets at midnight, what kind of timezone offset do I even need to search for?

I'm stressing over this because I also just started a mostly liquid diet.  My calories are extremely restricted and then I'm adding exercise on top of that.  I just want everything calculated properly so I can go back to the Dr. with actionable information."

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zhaylin the closest I can find is HI. it appears they are 5 hours behind us. but without looking at the choices I am not sure if its listed as its own separate zone.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone still has 24 hours in the day... 

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't you just enter the hours you will be sleeping into the sleep tracker and after a 24 hour period, it will all even out.  You can set your active hours on the dashboard by what hours you want to include.   Capture 2.JPG

Best Answer