Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addicted to step count!

ANSWERED

I am so concerned with my step count to keep my ranking in the challenges that I am not lifting weights anymore. I know the steps are important but I should be lifting wights also and I need to spend the whole hour at the gym on the treadmill to get the step count.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
You are not alone! To do both is a bit challenge because of time. It's okay to focus on steps 3 days a week and allow yourself to have less steps the other 3 and do weights. If you plan right you can still average 10k a day or whatever your goal is.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8
Lift weights!!!!
Best Answer
You are not alone! To do both is a bit challenge because of time. It's okay to focus on steps 3 days a week and allow yourself to have less steps the other 3 and do weights. If you plan right you can still average 10k a day or whatever your goal is.
Best Answer

I do a fit and tone class twice a week. 45 minutes hand weights with minute of cardio between each targeted weight strengthening area. Warm up 2 minutes doing kick backs and heel digs, work my shoulders, then do a minute of squatting side kicks, then then next area ... for 45 minutes. Not a lot of stepping. It helps to do cardio on the other five days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone please tell me on my FitBit One, why is it that when I go up the steps it never catches EVERYTIME I go up?  I will go up 14-15 flights up stairs so that I can have 10 accounted for each day lol.  I know I can't go from floor 1 to floor 3 and expect it to count 2 flights, but it just don't catch when I go up the stairs solo. Man Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it's a split time of both daily.

AM Strength Training.

PM Cardio Training.

You only need an hour on both times to reach your goals.

Best Answer

So I am doing the same thing. I just started a lunchtime tone class that is 50 minutes long that is incorporating free weights and a fitness ball. How do you track that on your log?  Or do you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tammy724 wrote:

Can anyone please tell me on my FitBit One, why is it that when I go up the steps it never catches EVERYTIME I go up?  I will go up 14-15 flights up stairs so that I can have 10 accounted for each day lol.  I know I can't go from floor 1 to floor 3 and expect it to count 2 flights, but it just don't catch when I go up the stairs solo. Man Sad

For your Fitbit One, a "floor" is really a 10-feet elevation (*). Chances are your 14-15 flights are only 100 feet in total, which is why you only get credited for 10 floors.

(*) see: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-my-tracker-count-floors/

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I got my Flex I've become sort of an "addict" of hitting the 10K steps.  But in the last couple of months I realized I needed to round-out my fitness and got back into weight lifting.  I try to spend one hour of weight training followed by an hour of running. I try to hit at least 5 miles on the treadmill with interval running.  Running anywhere from 4-8 miles mph. 

I think I may need to step up my # of steps to 15K to push myself to the next level but hesitate to because of other obligations.

Best Answer
0 Votes