Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronic Fatige Syndrome

Hi,  I just got my fitbit this afternoon and I would like to know if there are others out there suffering from CFS. I would like a buddy to help keep me motivated.  Thanks

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I also have chronic fatigue. I have been using my fitbit for about two years. I got chronic fatigue from Epstein-Barr virus (also called mononeucleosis.) I've gain about 30 lbs. since being diagnosed with Epstein-Barr last February.

Hope we can be buddies!

Claire

Best Answer

I have congenital adrenal insufficiency, and the symptoms are very similar to CFS (so are the meds). When I first got my fitbit in March, I was feeling well and walked a lot, but this quickly caused me to crash.

I have only just recently began using it again (am on Florinef) and I do find it discouraging. There is no way I will ever be able to meet the goals again if I want to be well.

I too have gained weight, which is a good thing, as it means I am hydrated and keeping food down. The opposite to what everyone is "supposed to" be doing.

But from here on, I intend to use it to make sure I am hydrated, eating enough and getting enough relaxation (stress free) time.

Our goals might be moderated from the main, but we can still be well together.

Best Answer
Hi Claire,

I also have EB and got it from mono also. I had mono the first time as a
teenager and think that's when I first got CFS. I've had mono 4 times and
the last time, in February put my CFS into a whole new place. I have not
been able to push through it anymore.

I would love to be buddies and maybe we can figure out how to push through
together.

Joye
Best Answer
Hi Chellis,

Our goals may not be the same, but I agree that we can get better together.

Joye
Best Answer

Hi Joye,

Eesh! my daughter had mono and pneumonia back to back and that was dreadful. Unfortunately, once ou have either of those, you are susceptible to them again and agin.

EB runs in my family.

I'm sorry not to have answered before this; I was feeling dreadful yesterday and not so good today.

Hang in there. I am sure that some manner of wellness can be wrested from CFS, with patience.

It has been hard for me to learn to be patient with myself with CAH/AI. I have had to give up notions of what I 'should' be doing in life. I do better if I am on bed rest a lot, and I have learned not to beat myself up about that.

best,

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I hope you're having a better day today. Today has not been great for me
either, but I am feeling better now.

I know what you mean about having mono more than once, I've had it 4 times
and the last time I had it I was 63.

You are so right about being patient with yourself, I'll try to be more
aware of that. Like you, I sometimes feel like I should be able to do
more. For the first few months I totally gave in to CFS and slept and
rested, etc. I think it was the validation that what I was feeling was
real and I was entitled to pamper myself. That is over. I am now trying to
regain some energy and push myself to do a few things more.

That's why I got the fitibit to help me be a little more active.

Feel better
Joye
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I am looking for a CFS buddy too. I don't know how to gain friends with fitbit, can someone help me?

I have had chronic fatigue since December 2010. It has changed my life in good ways as well asall the not so good ways. Still coming to terms with what I have lost and still trying to manage my illness, hope the FitBit will help me do that.

Stacey

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I've have ME and have been fitbitting for the past six months. I has improved my quality of life a lot. I don't crash as often as I used to do and I can walk the dogs agian. Slowly... as an 90 year old with worn out hips... But still. I CAN walk the dogs!

/ Jan Busk

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all and welcome to the community. the easiest way to send a friend request is to click on the person's picture and follow the prompts to the right of their profile. I wish all of you the best..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes