Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ankle strap

I have  been wearing my Flex on my ankle. I love it because it is hidden under slacks or inside of boots. It keeps count of my steps beautifully. It would be great if an actual ankle strap was available.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

You may be getting realistic step counts wearing your Flex on your ankle but your calorie burn and active minutes are likely to be way off. This is why fitbit state in their help files:

"Though Flex is designed to be worn on your wrist, you can remove the tracker from the wristband and carry it in your pocket or put it into a Tory Burch for Fitbit accessory. We do not recommend wearing Flex on your ankle."

For this reason I would not expect them to release an official ankle strap.

Of course, if you are only interested in the step count and are not worried about calorie tracking then wearing it on your ankle is fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Flex tracker was designed to be worn in its wristband. We recommend you wear your wristband snugly, much like you would a watch. 

Flex can be worn on either wrist, though you may see a difference in the number of steps tracked while wearing it on the wrist of your dominant hand. 

You can try switching what hand your Flex is set to by doing the following:

1. Log into your dashboard and click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
2. Select "Settings."
3. Navigate to the "Device Settings" section and scrol down to the Dominant hand section, then select the hand you wear your Flex on. (Your dominant hand is the one you use to write).

If you prefer to track your progress more discreetly, you can remove the tracker from your wristband and keep it in your pocket. We recommend turning the "On dominant hand" setting off when wearing your tracker out of the wristband.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're definitely not alone in wearing the FitBit on your ankle. I have a FitBit Flex and I wear it on my ankle. I am in daily week step challenge and weekend step challenge with my friends. With what I do for work I am constantly on my feet, but I do so while holding a tablet or exercise equipment, so my steps are minimized (due to a lack of arm swing) and it doesn't show as much activity nor the legitimate amount of steps that I take a day. I think that there definitely should be an option for an ankle band of some sort. I know that it may need feed into the calories or acitivty. But if that is FitBits goal then they should add more challenges that are able to be done amongst friends. As I have worn the fitbit on my wrist and ankle and have seen tremendous step changes between the two (weather I am running or working). It would be cool to see an ankle band. I have also noticed a difference with hikers as well, especially those that hike with poles. Some report a lower step count. I just think it would add a variety to different FitBit users. 

Best Answer