Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's on your iPod?

ANSWERED

I was wondering! What are your favourite songs to get you motivated.

My favourites are upbeat pop. For example, Levels by Nick Jonas. 

LOL just post some music please! my music player needs an update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Since I started rowing on the ergometer, I need music that is motivating and rhythmic but also slow, because I'm trying to improve the ratio of strokes per minute to speed. I have a reggae favorites list for that which includes Desmond Dekker, Sister Nancy, Harry J All Stars, John Holt, Nigel Addmore (OK, yeah, that's not really reggae, but I love the song about hummus) Murder She Wrote by Chaka Demus, Get Up Stand Up by Bob Marley and the Wailers, and Master Blaster by Stevie Wonder. 

I think old music is better than new, and anything in a second language I've studied or want to learn is better than anything in English. I have a playlist of funk songs, a list of punk feminist anthems, and a list of songs in Spanish that are not really all in the same musical genre (except that they are my favorites.) I don't like things that are super loud or discordant on headphones right in my ear, but it also can't be so gentle that you feel sleepy. It's hard to hit that sweet spot. Janelle Monae is always good.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

linkin park

metallica

rocky music

eminem

faithless

prodigy

etc...

Best Answer

Heh - I'm odd when it comes to music.  I was raised by a classical musician, discovered metal, lived in the country (so I was into that for a while) and recently became fascinated by WWI era popular music (1910s - 1920s).

So I might listen to Gustav Holst, Puccini, Hayehudim, Metallica, Dwight Yoakam, Martha Tilton and The Boswell Sisters all in the same day.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57
Best Answer

Since I started rowing on the ergometer, I need music that is motivating and rhythmic but also slow, because I'm trying to improve the ratio of strokes per minute to speed. I have a reggae favorites list for that which includes Desmond Dekker, Sister Nancy, Harry J All Stars, John Holt, Nigel Addmore (OK, yeah, that's not really reggae, but I love the song about hummus) Murder She Wrote by Chaka Demus, Get Up Stand Up by Bob Marley and the Wailers, and Master Blaster by Stevie Wonder. 

I think old music is better than new, and anything in a second language I've studied or want to learn is better than anything in English. I have a playlist of funk songs, a list of punk feminist anthems, and a list of songs in Spanish that are not really all in the same musical genre (except that they are my favorites.) I don't like things that are super loud or discordant on headphones right in my ear, but it also can't be so gentle that you feel sleepy. It's hard to hit that sweet spot. Janelle Monae is always good.

Best Answer

Great! Thanks! 

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Best Answer
0 Votes

FOO FIGHTERS!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mixture of stuff from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and now.

Best Answer
0 Votes