Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Individuals Handicapped ?

ANSWERED

I have a spinal cord injury. I walk,but cannot perform other listed activities.

Thanks.

Laura McPherson

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LMcp

Welcome to the forum. I applaud your commitment to a fitness with your injury. I think you will find many people suffering from injuries as well in the Fitbit community. We are here to support and encourage each other. 

Best of luck on your journey to a health lifestyle. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @LMcp

Welcome to the forum. I applaud your commitment to a fitness with your injury. I think you will find many people suffering from injuries as well in the Fitbit community. We are here to support and encourage each other. 

Best of luck on your journey to a health lifestyle. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

A little different subtopic: When I use my walker, I get very few steps with my Versa 3. No problem when I use my cane but can't use it all the time. 

Thanks, Al

Best Answer

Hi @Alhoward 

I have a similar issue when we go shopping and I'm pushing a cart. Fitness trackers, including Fitbits, usually detect steps via arm movement as I learned the hard way. Since we don't swing or move our arms much while using a walker or pushing a cart, our Fitbits track less steps. When using a cane, there's arm movement and more steps are detected. 

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done at this point to get your Versa 3 to detect all your steps when you use your walker. 

If there's something else that we can help you with to improve your Fitbit experience, please let us know. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I do is wear an old Charge 2 (whose battery is still going strong despite numerous cracks in the face plate) around my ankle.  I bought a band extender (really cheap) to make it work, but imagine you could just tie it on with shoelaces, etc.  Due to software limitations, I could not use another of the same model that I wear on my wrist (Versa 2) and get them to play nice together.  End of they day, the two devices throw out the duplicate data and I get full counting of all my steps.  As an individual who uses assistive devices to walk, I really wanted to get a true picture of my overall steps, not justy unassisted ones.  I hope this helps.

-Dazzy

Best Answer
0 Votes