Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any new Fitbit products on the horizon?

We unfortunately turned in our Force trackers when the so-called rash problem developed and are sorry for having done so. While we have no issues with the Flex, it is not the Force. Does anybody have an idea about if or when Fitbit will re-issue a fuller version of the Force tracker? This company offers so much that I hate to languish with only the Flex.

Moderator Edit: All-caps subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @bob2dogs 

As a member of the community council (CC), I can tell you we've heard nothing specific yet. We've simply had assurances that FitBit is working on a new device and they are excited about it. I understand your feelings. The Force certainly had a lot of great features! 

Best Answer

" We've simply had assurances that FitBit is working on a new device and they are excited about it."

Here is my concern...

I feel like "been there, done that" with Fitbit. It took FOREVER to even get the Force and when we did, it had issues, not only with the rash but with the quality. Mine is faling apart after 5 months. Fitbit is not offering replacement Force trackers due to the recall, which I understand, but the options they offer are pretty awful.

Return the Force for a full refund. - OK, great... what do I do while waiting for the next device to come out? The answer, "pay full retail for another tracker". Seems like Fitbit should have offered us a discount on a Flex or a One. They are obviously counting on us buying a product inferior to the Force, missing the features, and buying the Force's replacement when they decide to release it. Way to get our money twice, Fitbit.

I am really looking for reasons to stay with Fitbit at this point. Even a rough idea of a release date would be welcome, but they are being beyond cryptic. I will probably just count my losses and go to either Garmin, Polar, or Jawbone. The rollercoaster ride with Fitbit has grown tiring and I feel a bit taken advantage of.

Best Answer

Hi,

I'm new to Fitbit; just got a Flex a couple of weeks ago.  I was wondering the same since I like the Flex but would love a few more features.  I googled it, and found this, but it's just rumor and not from the company itself.

http://www.connectedly.com/fitbit-surge-charge-purepulse-rumored-amp-your-workout

Best Answer

Thanks, Carol-B, your response is pretty much what I remember being told a while ago when we decided to turn in our Forces.  Appreciate your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, lyro!  This is great news!  I really appreciate your sharing the link with us.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome bob2dogs!  I guess we just have to keep our ears peeled for the offical announcement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am right there with you on feeling Fitbit could have done a better job supporting the Force.  I refuse to buy a temporary Fitbit replacement.  I will say the new Garmin Vivofits are looking pretty interesting.  Fitbit better get their act together quickly, before we all get tired of waiting on the Surge and Charge to be released.  If Fitbit is waiting for Christmas to announce their new gear, it will probably be too late.

I am tired of waiting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

we have a new product idea that we would like to prepose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok @katieandlydia You don't say what it is

So I would search the features forum first. If not there add it.

But An an idea here might help others vote for it. You really give nothing of interest

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes