Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used their Ionic in the Pool?

Hi All,

Have had a FitBit Ionic for a few weeks and absolutely love it but haven't tried it out for swimming yet.

I would love to hear from anyone that has already tried theirs out for swimming and if so do you think it was fairly accurate with calories burned and heart rate etc.?

Am hopefully going to try mine out later this week.

I've previously used a Polar HRM  in the pool with a very uncomfortable chest strap so will be able to compare stats after my swim and will post results.

Thanks all

Sky

PS happy to accept friend request from anyone that wants to buddy up for support and challenges

Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @IonicGirl Yes, I have used mine in the pool and in the ocean and believe it to be accurate. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Many thanks indeed for this information MarciM.

Am very excited to try it out!

Sky

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I swim with mine regularly. It is great in the pool!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks NellyG,

It's going to be so nice to be able to swim and count my calories without wearing the chest strap that goes with the Polar HRM

Sky 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does the Ionic calculate calories for swimming? I thought the HR monitor was disabled during swims?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WavyDavey

I read this post here https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-Swimming/td-p/2235593 and assume that if I don't opt for the swimming app the HRM is not disabled and it will give me a fairly good idea of how many cals I am burning.

Haven't tried it out yet so can't say for sure but can test the figs against those I get with my Polar and will post whether or not it was fairly accurate.

Sky

Best Answer
0 Votes