Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aqua Zumba?

Hey Guys! 

I have been doing Zumba for a long time but due to hip surgery I am wanting to try Aqua Zumba.

Has anyone tried it? Do you find you get the same workout as regular Zumba?

Thanks!!

Bri
Charge HR
Washington, USA (Not DC...)
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have done aqua qymnastics/ aerobics when I am on vacation and want to excercise. I don't know if it is comparable to water zumba?

I find it different than normal zumba. I am always out of breath during zumba but not during water zumba. You do still train your muscles as much as during normal zumba is my experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! This is the first time I hear about this. Robot surprised It must be so much fun. Please give me more details on this workout and how it has helped you @YvettebRobot Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only do it when I am on vacation and stay on a camping. There is always an animation team for kids, but they also offer activities for adults. In the swimming pool they will do a sort of dance/ combination of steps, turning and arm waving and because of the water you experience resistance training. It is fun to do and to stay active during my vacations, but I don't think you will build up a lot of muscles or conditions. Just to keep your body moving, so when your back home you don't have to start building up your strength and cardio.

Best Answer

Sounds like fun @Yvetteb! Thank you for sharing this with me. Keep up the good work!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do Aqua Zumba at least once a week.   It is a blast!   As with all water/aqua classes, you get out of it what ever you put in.   You can just go for fun or you can bust your butt and get a great workout.  Bonus is that nobody can see what's going on under the water so you are as funky & coordinated as you want to believe!

Also, I have cardiac and knee issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do water aerobics 5 days a week for 50 minutes each time. Been doing it for 10 weeks now. I've lost 3.5 inches on my thighs, 2 on my waist, and 3 on my hips. Two years ago I had foot and knee issues so walking reduced me to tears within 5 minutes. Exercise in water is a huge help!!  It's far lower impact than zumba but it's a great strengthening and toning workout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes