Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be prepared with cab fare

I always carry cab fare with me for two reasons:

1. I may develop a slight injury or even a more than slight one and need a ride home.

2. I may discover I forgot my Fitbit or the battery might die, and I don't want to waste steps. 

The reason I posted this is because I read an old post from 2015 where someone was trying for40,000 steps. Their foot started to hurt far from home, and they developed a stress fracture walking on it. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I used to run quite often with my dog.  I tripped a bit on some uneven sidewalk, spooked her, and just as I caught myself, she took me the rest of the way down. Having many experiences with falling, I tried to extend (to the grass) and roll (away from my arms) but failed miserably jamming my finger into the sidewalk.  I knew almost immediately that I broke it.  It was chilly that day and I was wearing gloves, so I kept them on knowing they were holding things together more than hanging out.  I also refuse to take my phone with me as I like to be disconnected from all the noise.

We ran the two miles home and I immediately asked my wife to pull off the glove so I could at least tell if it was still attached (I had a compound fracture on the same site as a kid).  It was, thankfully, went to the hospital, required 3 pins, and 6 months of rehab.  

But it is now a requirement of my wife to carry my phone.

Best Answer

I always carry my phone. You never know what might happen. I dont look at while walking. Its tucked away

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Reason number 2 to get a cab Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

I was so like that when I was new to this. Now I am no longer, as I know it is not about what is logged, but about how my body responds Smiley Wink .

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

I always have my phone with me on runs and walks that are over a mile from my house.  You never know what could happen and you may need a ride or an ambulance.  I also live in South Florida and heat stroke and dehydration are real concerns when going on long-distance runs/walks.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer