Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Energy Supplement?

Hello, all! I'm just curious to see and get a perspective from my fellow active Fitbit users on what's the best energy supplements to use? I'm finding some days are just hard to push through, even with that cup of super strong extra caffeinated cup of coffee. Does anyone have any suggestions? They can range from Vitamins, to pre-workout supplements- to even Dr. Prescribed medication to get them moving! Thanks so much in advance!
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I don't take anything for energy. I find all supplements and pre-workouts to have lingering side effects.

If after a "super strong caffeinated cup of coffee", you still can't get going, you might want to have your doctor run some tests. I'm not sure upping the ante by going to prescribed meds is a good long-term solution.

For energy levels, I look at the physical and mental side of things. If it's mental, I need to get my mind straight. If physical, I want to know if there's a medical issue behind it. What do you think is going on with you, @firebird102?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find that when I am feeding my body well, and getting enough sleep and giving my body enough rest after tough workouts I have plenty of energy. I don't take anything "extra". If your body is low on energy, try changing your diet to see if this helps, get more sleep, and get some exercise, if after all of these you are still low energy, then getting to the root is important. Visit your doctor for some more guidance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been playing a mental game of tug-of-war with my mental health for the past year now. I'm on day six of not taking ANY antidepressants or mood stabilizers and found that I'm actually a LOT better off without medication. For the moment, I just want to focus on my physical health. It's hard to get my head straight when I don't even know what's going on in my own brain. It's a little deep, I know- but I figured maybe getting myself a little hype and energetic, it would at least take away the distraction from focusing TOO intently on my thoughts  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find exercise and clean whole foods really help with depression and anxiety symptoms, also having and working towards goals are super motivating to get me going when I have  " I don't really feel like it" moods.

Best Answer

@firebird102 so I probably don't need to tell you this, but mind and body go hand in hand. If you aren't feeling energetic,it is more than likely your mind is bringing you down. Get sleep, eat healthy food, stay hydrated and work through whatever is weighing you down in your head. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes