Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blisters!

ANSWERED

I'm suffering from some serious blisters. They are on my right foot, on the flat part, right under my toes. They have been killing me for days. Weird thing is that I have been walking for a very long time and massive amounts but never had this issue before. For the past weeks though, I have had a series of blisters in this same area, on this same foot. My shoes or socks haven't changed so I don't know what it could be. 

Any advice on how to deal with them, at least so they don't get worse and I can still walk? I just don't want for them to reoccur. 

I have been housebound today. I soaked my feet in water and popped the one that was killing me, cut off the extra skin and finally obtained relief. I am very cautious with my feet so I take care of them well and desinfected everything before and after doing this but I don't want to deal with it again.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I see that you said that you shoes and socks have not changed. That might be the problem. Try different shoes, or even socks! I know for running shoes and socks can affect your feet a lot! So maybe start off with new socks, trying out soft athletic socks. If that doesn't help then try new shoes. Hope this helps. You could also go to a local running store, they may have more information for you regarding blisters. Also maybe tightening your shoes as blisters happen due to friction from skin and sock/shoe.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

I see that you said that you shoes and socks have not changed. That might be the problem. Try different shoes, or even socks! I know for running shoes and socks can affect your feet a lot! So maybe start off with new socks, trying out soft athletic socks. If that doesn't help then try new shoes. Hope this helps. You could also go to a local running store, they may have more information for you regarding blisters. Also maybe tightening your shoes as blisters happen due to friction from skin and sock/shoe.

Best Answer

I totally aree with @JonahV He said it very well!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

What works for me is I (1) don't wear or tie shoes tightly or loosely; (2) use 'double-layered' running socks like Wright Socks, or (3) use 'moleskin' from the drugstore to cover "hotspots" before a blister actually forms. Since I started using double-layered socks about 8 years ago, I haven't gotten one blister!

Best Answer
This is totally correct. I got a horrible case of extensor tendonitis months ago from lacing my shoes up too tightly. Of course, they didn't feel tight to me.

I was at the drugstore earlier and saw the moleskin patches. I didn't get them because I had doubts as to whether they worked or not but at least I know where they are now. I did get the panty hose liners though. People claims is works great so I'm going to give it a try. I got the ones that wick moisture.

In the meantime I'm also going to wear a huge band aid that covers that entire area. Will go easy on the walking for a while as it heals but I'm ready to get moving again!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wear 2 pair of socks, a thin pair next to your skin and your regular sock over that.  Blisters are caused by 2 surfaces rubbing together. Allow the friction occur between the thin sock and your regular sock.  Also tie your shoes alittle tighter to reduce the friction rub.

Best Answer
Went to the athletic store yesterday and got my first pair of running/double layered socks. They were a little on the expensive side but what a difference! They feel like heaven! Will buy another pair soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They make all the difference in the world, @RexFeral!  When I was a young guy running marathons, the running shoes and socks were the most important part of my gear. Best of luck to you!

Best Answer