Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLA/ALC and working out

ANSWERED

So I have started on CLA and I am ramping up my routine, ive been explicitly told drink lots of water and take in more protein. my biggest challenge is always getting enough good food. the thing is to get the results I need to put on the mileage. is there anything specific to diet that will help me get the carbs and macros I need to reach my recommended caloric counts without busting my wallet?   are there any food recommendations? things that people do the keep in their carbs in check? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I personally base most of my current way of eating on what I learned in an e-book called Understanding Healthy Eating, that I’ve mentioned in a couple of posts (here and here). As I wrote, you can get the main take-home messages without buying the e-book, by listening to the podcasts and watching the videos referenced in these posts.

Supplements only play a very minor role in diet success, so you may want to focus on what really matters, the actual food you are eating: calories, macros and food composition. The best way to eat good quality, nutritious food is to buy raw ingredients and prepare your own meals (as opposed to eating out or buying meals prepared for you at a factory). It requires some planning and can be time-consuming, but it’s time and money well spent IMO.

PS: just in case some other people are wondering what CLA and ALC are (I had to google them to refresh my memory), they’re Conjugated Linoleic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine. I’ve included the relevant links on examine.com, an excellent source on the effects of supplements, based on the available evidence. Understanding that even those supplements that have proven benefits will only have a minor impact on diet success or body composition changes, as stated above. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I personally base most of my current way of eating on what I learned in an e-book called Understanding Healthy Eating, that I’ve mentioned in a couple of posts (here and here). As I wrote, you can get the main take-home messages without buying the e-book, by listening to the podcasts and watching the videos referenced in these posts.

Supplements only play a very minor role in diet success, so you may want to focus on what really matters, the actual food you are eating: calories, macros and food composition. The best way to eat good quality, nutritious food is to buy raw ingredients and prepare your own meals (as opposed to eating out or buying meals prepared for you at a factory). It requires some planning and can be time-consuming, but it’s time and money well spent IMO.

PS: just in case some other people are wondering what CLA and ALC are (I had to google them to refresh my memory), they’re Conjugated Linoleic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine. I’ve included the relevant links on examine.com, an excellent source on the effects of supplements, based on the available evidence. Understanding that even those supplements that have proven benefits will only have a minor impact on diet success or body composition changes, as stated above. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Reading those links now Dominique (THANK YOU!!!) . I literally go to farms and to organics markets every week so there isn't a concern in the least about quality of the food I buy. If and where possible I am cutting out the middleman at every turn. 

I would not say I am in the least fat but there is a little some soft tissue to shed. so to reiterate from the links you posted some deficit is good if you want to loose weight. even though it's really difficult to do at times. (really my biggest struggle is being at times hangry/ravenous after a 10k jog) 

this is what I needed to hear. I've been a little worried/concerned for a while about always being in deficit on my calories.
For those unfamiliar with supplements, In regards to CLA/ALC supplements. they are used to help with weightloss and are not a miracle pill. to safely use this firstly SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!, you need to drink at least 2 liters of water a day and remain physically active for the whole course of taking this. while it may have an effect on those with a sedentary lifestyle it's designed to boost your energy slightly over a longer duration of the day. the rest is up to you and how you keep active. 

Best Answer
0 Votes